British Speedway Forum

Mr Tolley stated Brummies have an 80% chance of running 2024

Race night will be Mondays in the Championship.

So the current fixed league nights for the top league must be changing.

New team manager will be employed as SD is moving on. 

Mondays and Thursdays are only 'priority' nights in the Prem, so just avoid team building with any double uppers.

11 minutes ago, Brummies_Ste said:

Is this news accurate because I'm sure Leicester fans will be happy that he's cutting down on his commitments. If only for the sake of his health.

11 minutes ago, Brummies_Ste said:

Thanks, so I would think the race night changing and the 80% chance of running may see possibly a drop to the lower league, I guess it's down to the rental costs and what budget we have, I cant really see any other option, fair play to Nigel Tolley for his input to keep the Brummies running 

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Mondays and Thursdays are only 'priority' nights in the Prem, so just avoid team building with any double uppers.

Howz that gonna work? Would have to be a team of foreign riders or a move to the NDL.

Edited by lbw

5 minutes ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Thanks, so I would think the race night changing and the 80% chance of running may see possibly a drop to the lower league, I guess it's down to the rental costs and what budget we have, I cant really see any other option, fair play to Nigel Tolley for his input to keep the Brummies running 

I doubt rental charges will be reduced, whatever league they go for - unless its better for the greyhounds for speedway to run on a Monday?

5 minutes ago, lbw said:

Howz that gonna work? Would have to be a team of foreign riders or a move to the NDL.

You just change the rules to stop so many doubling up. When first started it was just for British U25s. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Brummies_Ste said:

Or Brummies are riding in premiership on a Monday utilising wolves riders.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wolfie456 said:

Or Brummies are riding in premiership on a Monday utilising wolves riders.

I would read the 2nd post!!!

To correct earlier posts, it was stated that if we run, it will be in the PREMIERSHIP, not the championship 

taken from the Brummies forum, by Judy Stambuly from the supporters club who attended them posted the news on the forum;  

Many things were discussed about the future of the Brummies at PB. There is an 80% probability of the Brummies riding next season, it will be in the Premiership and we will ride on Monday nights there is also a 20% chance that we won't be back in 2024! I just know Nigel, Laurence and the rest of the directors are doing their utmost to keep us running for the seeable future. 

The key word there is PREMIERSHIP 

Edited by the hobbit

Monday night is logical If it suits the Dogs people on a few other counts. 

It was traditionally a Home night at the old PB before Wolves took it. 

It would possibly attract Wolves fans on a night they are used to going to Speedway and some Cradley fans too. 

Edited to reflect news re PL

Edited by HGould
Pl

8 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

To correct earlier posts, it was stated that if we run, it will be in the PREMIERSHIP, not the championship 

taken from the Brummies forum, by Judy Stambuly from the supporters club who attended them posted the news on the forum;  

Many things were discussed about the future of the Brummies at PB. There is an 80% probability of the Brummies riding next season, it will be in the Premiership and we will ride on Monday nights there is also a 20% chance that we won't be back in 2024! I just know Nigel, Laurence and the rest of the directors are doing their utmost to keep us running for the seeable future. 

The key word there is PREMIERSHIP 

I guess they are hoping to get a few wolves fans in.

2 hours ago, Gerbat1875 said:

So what happened at this Q and A thing on Friday? Thought the owner and promoter/manager were going to tell us. 

The event was recorded and I believe will be released as a podcast tonight ("You Have 2 Minutes").