British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

21 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

When about a dozen people disagree with you on the r/r ruling, is it not time to consider, you may be the one who has the rules wrong?

:t:   Exactly what I thought.  It was late and time for kip early start so I just had to sign off.

I'd always thought it was exactly as others were saying but had quoted somebody else that assured this was now the current rule.

But yeah I thought exactly as you've said there. :D  :t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Joseq7 said:

I'd salute GS550 if he or she did. 

It's easy to be right it's less easy to be wrong.

:t:  Better get ready to salute, lol.  I've always thought exactly as everybody saying.  But recently somebody said the rule now different, be careful what you read on forums!

Anyway they've stepped up the medication.  Have the visitors been?  :o  :D 

On 10/9/2023 at 11:02 PM, Joseq7 said:

"Must" is not correct. 

You are correct that technically they're allocated one each. 

What you're failing to acknowledge, and I can understand why, you've nailed your colours to a mast, it's difficult to hold your hands up and say okay I've got this wrong, is that Lee can RR Ace's r/r.

Ace does not have to take an r/r.

I'm giving you an out.

You're technically correct that one of the r/r's is allocated to Ace.

Brill, thanks  :t:

On 10/9/2023 at 10:54 PM, Joseq7 said:

And your answer is still total bollocks.

Agreed! :t:   :drink:

On 10/9/2023 at 10:19 PM, Jaizer said:

What a pathetic post. Someone dares to disagree with you about a meeting so you spend all of this one running it down. Harris not entertain you tonight no? 

Just the sort of gibberish I expected from you

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Just the sort of gibberish I expected from you

Sure Josie

On 10/9/2023 at 10:46 PM, Joseq7 said:

What I'm a bit puzzled about TBH is why no-one at all appears to be able to overrule him, or strongly persuade him to change his mind?

Was there no debrief from last week? 

Does Peter or Harris, for example, not discuss a meeting once it's over. 

"Eh Cami see if that happens again next week just gonnae no".

My take on it is that the Team Manager isn't allowed to have full authority which is why Stewart Dickson moved out as he was being overruled by Peter.  That's my guess but seems to fit and then bringing someone else in who would be a yes man.  I could be wrong but that's my impression when you see how hands on Peter is.

On 10/10/2023 at 9:45 AM, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I’m laughing at it this morning, but that Joe Thompson did my nut in last night.:lol:

He took out Pijper, but didn’t as much as acknowledge him as he passed him on his return to the pits. He the retired in heat six, but didn’t actually leave the track; he just casually leaned his bike on the inside of the back straight. He then chucked the towel in while in last in fourteen; something no young rider should do.

Trivial this morning, but I was a bit like “what the f*ck?” last night.:lol:

To be fair, I did tell four colleagues who I encouraged to attend last night that I thought Joe Thompson was highly regarded during the parade - I’d never seen him ride, but heard good things - so my observation wasn’t exactly justified by his performance.

Pjiper is dangerous at the best of times I think Thompson just wanted to get out of his way . 1 crash in the 1st leg and 2 crashes in 2nd leg at poole.