British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

So all roads lead to Glasgow on Sunday at 6pm, when the super strong Tigers take on the Pirates. With Vissing fit but likely to not ride, Glasgow can use riders on form to more than cover. Complin tonight showed what he can do around Ashfield and will probably get 6-7 rides in the first leg. Pirates job is to keep it tight and the last time the two teams met here ended in a two point win to the tigers. However, since then Glasgow have strengthened up with Tarasenko coming in, making them favourites to win the title this year.

But Poole never give up and even coming into the final as underdogs, will fight for every point and try and retain the title. The odds might be stacked but we will fight all the way. Should be a great couple of matches. Bring it on! 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So all roads lead to Glasgow on ? When the super strong Tigers take on the Pirates. With Vissing fit but likely to not ride, Glasgow can use riders on form to more than cover. Complin tonight showed what he can do around Ashfield and will probably get 6-7 rides in the first leg. Pirates job is to keep it tight and the last time the two teams met here ended in a two point win to the tigers. However, since then Glasgow have strengthened up with Tarasenko coming in, making them favourites to win the title this year.

But Poole never give up and even coming into the final as underdogs, will fight for every point and try and retain the title. The odds might be stacked but we will fight all the way. Should be a great couple of matches. Bring it on! 

Poole underdogs, you're having a laugh. They've won every 7 man competition since dropping down & have twice thrashed Glasgow at Wimbourne road this year. 

Bearing in mind Brennan doesn't go well round Poole, r/r for Vissing weakens Glasgow imo.

Poole still clear favourites for me

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So all roads lead to Glasgow on ? When the super strong Tigers take on the Pirates. With Vissing fit but likely to not ride, Glasgow can use riders on form to more than cover. Complin tonight showed what he can do around Ashfield and will probably get 6-7 rides in the first leg. Pirates job is to keep it tight and the last time the two teams met here ended in a two point win to the tigers. However, since then Glasgow have strengthened up with Tarasenko coming in, making them favourites to win the title this year.

What in the world of utter crap are you talking about, if I was still a smoker I'd want some of whatever you're puffing on.

Glasgow haven't even come close to beating Poole over two legs in any competition they have faced them in.

So there are Zero Odds stacked against you and you are most definitely not the underdogs.

Edited by Cast1rn
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Another delve into Blobby's book.

• Like 1

Taking a leaf out of Shovlars book of reverse psychology.

I think he is talking sense.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Underdogs my arse, Glasgow are poor at Poole and you no it, complin is awful there your reserves will have a field day, plus Glasgow’s manager is always good for a clanger throughout, Poole will win over the the 2 legs by 10-15 points minimum. Underdogs that’s the best one yet you do make me laugh. Even Lisa wouldn’t put that.

Well done Steve, you've got 'em all going again!:D:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

By the time the first leg is staged steve will have to come ashore with the catch .

2 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

I can already tell this thread is going to be hateful!

Na that only usually starts once we blame the Poole track for getting humped :D

• Haha 1

Might be nice if whoever starts a topic on a match isn’t a troll and actually puts a genuine post up about the match 

It’s pretty pathetic that a supposed grown man gets his kicks from trolling a forum looking for bites from supporters by posting crap

As we all know Poole have thrashed Glasgow many times I think Complin has had like 14 rides with 0 points at Poole!

But wait Glasgow have Tarasenko so must be favourites lol

Anyways let’s hope Poole choke (they won’t)…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Might be nice if whoever starts a topic on a match isn’t a troll and actually puts a genuine post up about the match 

It’s pretty pathetic that a supposed grown man gets his kicks from trolling a forum looking for bites from supporters by posting crap

As we all know Poole have thrashed Glasgow many times I think Complin has had like 14 rides with 0 points at Poole!

But wait Glasgow have Tarasenko so must be favourites lol

Anyways let’s hope Poole choke (they won’t)…

Is this a serious post? What’s he done wrong?

• Haha 1

Just now, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Is this a serious post? What’s he done wrong?

Was his a serious post?

Read the comments everyone knows all he does  is troll and put up a post that is the complete opposite to everyone’s opinion to try and get a bite 

Personally and I’m sure most will agree that it’s boring as he does it all the time and a bit pathetic really 

A normal human being as a  Poole fan would admit they are favourites and expect a tough battle 

So yes my post was serious …. It’s all a bit sad from Shovlar really 

• Like 1