British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Sheffield Tigers vs Ipswich Witches (playoff final 2nd leg) 05/10/23

4 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

you have obviously haven't come across this mouthy lot !!

No but been to Belle Vue and heard there fans verbally abuse fans and threaten violence…. Nice bunch i thought  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Make a point of ignoring that utter numpty Gavan on here and his bile. But tonight is just too funny for words, reading his posts and his utter meltdown as Ipswich choked. Commiserations to the decent Ipswich fans on here who have congratulated Sheffield and taken it in the chin. It’s painful but you get over it. 

As for Gavan, he is now spewing crap about grown Sheffield fans shouting abuse in little 9 year old girls faces. Let’s be honest. It didn’t happen. It’s a figment of Gavans inferior brain. Are you feeling disappointed Gavan? Does it hurt to witness your team croak like that? Oh dear. What a shame. Never mind. :icon_smile_clown:

Erm as they say up here that’s the pot calling the kettle grimy arse! 

Just now, phillipsr said:

No but been to Belle Vue and heard there fans verbally abuse fans and threaten violence…. Nice bunch i thought  

Sadly all tracks have them - witnessed it at Owlerton and Foxhall this year - Sheffield have their fair share of planks! 

Sums up British Speedway in a nutshell.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Sadly all tracks have them - witnessed it at Owlerton and Foxhall this year - Sheffield have their fair share of planks! 

Agreed but there at pretty much every sporting event ive ever been to… 

1 minute ago, phillipsr said:

Agreed but there at pretty much every sporting event ive ever been to… 

Yes - it always felt speedway was better than that but I think now a days not so 

12 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

My Nana is bigger than yours tho 

I did say it wasn’t over - one of my very good friends in a long time sheffield fan and he will be so pleased the Tigers have won and I am too despite the fact I probably just about wanted Ipswich to win it! 

pleased for a few of the Sheffield riders - Howarth for example a good honest guy who gives his all in the track, some of the others are more of an acquired and we do seem to have a new pro issue of playoff tourism to address in future maybe! 

I just hope Bert Bert had a smile on his face! 

let’s face it a few weeks ago we all expected BV to be in the finals and the Witches were out of it! 

regardless of all the rules / shizzle bad news on closures etc  I have enjoyed my matches this season and hope we can have a decent 2024. 

Id be surprised if she was!! My nan looked like Andre the Giant and ate babies for her supper!! 

Just now, phillipsr said:

Id be surprised if she was!! My nan looked like Andre the Giant and ate babies for her supper!! 

Well she might win on account of the fact my dear grandma passed in 1981! 

It was an entertaining meeting tonight. I was watching as a complete neutral and didn’t care who won it to be honest. I like Holder and King, on opposite sides, plus wanted young Thompson to come through unscathed for. More important couple of meetings next week for him. But I had no preference. That was until quite a few Ipswich fans got very bitter on here after the meeting. 

It’s always better to congratulate the victors and bow out gracefully, even if you feel injustice and disappointment. If you are raging, turn off the forum and go to bed.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Well she might win on account of the fact my dear grandma passed in 1981! 

Got me there ill admit… 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TTT said:

Sums up British Speedway in a nutshell.

Don't want to be seeing him in a similar photo next Wednesday night! 

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, tellboy said:

There are a lot of bitter Ipswich fans on here tonight.Just suck it up and congratulate Sheffield it will probably make you feel a bit better.Sheffield were the better side over two legs obviously.People whining about Sheffield picking horses for courses etc,what were they meant to do when they lost there top riders towards the end of the season.I'm sure they would have preferred not to lose anyone,but that's speedway.As a neutral i would much rather see a competitive final like that than to see Sheffield having to use reserves.

Some Ipswich fans also blaming Hume for the defeat.Imo the way Ipswich were built as a team they wouldn't expect Doyle/Sayfutdinov to drop 8pts between them anywhere like they did tonight.Could that not be part to blame too.

All 7 Ipswich riders did their best, which for some of them wasn't good enough.

On Tuesday night, only 6 Sheffield riders put in a shift - it could have been so much easier for them if Holder had bothered to turn up.

Hey-ho.  A new day tomorrow, life goes on.

55 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Who was the Aussie who spoke on the mic after heat 15 and told the Ipswich fans to F off back to Ipswich  ? 

53 minutes ago, Gavan said:

As I said from friends of mine who were there …. They aren’t the nicest of fans 

49 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I thought it was Chris holder but I may be wrong.  

It was Tai

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Agree

It does but at the same time I am more happy to Harris than Lambert in that shot - at least Harris has dedicated a huge part of his career to the U.K. - we may joke about his guesting etc etc but he is far more deserving of that in my view! 

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1