British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Triple.H.

Playoff Final

Just now, ruckerroo said:

One legged final at Cowley Tuesday now ?? 

If oxford can get it on then then yes

Difficult to defend the club over this. What happened between the decisions to start letting people in, and the call-off? I don't think that any further rain fell - in fact if anything the sky brightened 

7 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Difficult to defend the club over this. What happened between the decisions to start letting people in, and the call-off? I don't think that any further rain fell - in fact if anything the sky brightened 

I actually dont know where to start. Im so glad i didnt bother going now. 

2 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I actually dont know where to start. Im so glad i didnt bother going now. 

More fools those that went. Got what they deserved. 

The obvious solution is for Phil Morris to hire the Cardiff stadium (at mates rates), bring Ole Olsen over to instal a track, and sell it to Discovery+ at a huge profit for televising.

18 minutes ago, Fullmax said:

More fools those that went. Got what they deserved. 

I cant see how this fixture can he finished. Leicesters track needs atleast 3/4 days without rain to prepare it right. Aint happening

37 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

The only desicion they got right today was not sending vinnie out for a practice lap

Vinnie managed to complete his laps without falling as did Max Perry (who looked very stylish) and Dan Thompson (who looked somewhat disinterested). Ashton Boughen had two falls and Tom Spencer and Max James one apiece. Max J’s heavy fall pretty much signified that was the end of any hope of the meeting starting. 

Jordan Jenkins was the only Oxford rider to put in some laps.

4 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

Vinnie managed to complete his laps without falling as did Max Perry (who looked very stylish) and Dan Thompson (who looked somewhat disinterested). Ashton Boughen had two falls and Tom Spencer and Max James one apiece. Max J’s heavy fall pretty much signified that was the end of any hope of the meeting starting. 

I wont trust speedway updates again haha

Until people just stop going at this time of year, clubs will keep trying to run meetings and let folks travel/enter without a 2nd thought. 

7 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Until people just stop going at this time of year, clubs will keep trying to run meetings and let folks travel/enter without a 2nd thought. 

If this is the last meeting at Leicester this season, is there any confirmation yet as to who is taking over Promotional rights from Bates brothers. 

I assume Dave Helmsley still owns the stadium? 

Just now, HGould said:

If this is the last meeting at Leicester this season, is there any confirmation yet as to who is taking over Promotional rights from Bates brothers. 

I assume Dave Helmsley still owns the stadium? 

The bates are holding everything up right now being total idiots

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

For what benefit though? 

Repairs

Edited by FishersGate
Spelling

46 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

Max Perry has always been a stylish rider whenever I've seen him ride. I hope he gets a CL place next season and that the team stick with him, unless he suffers an injury.

With all the Leicester riders having a spin to test the track I hope that the Oxford riders who hadn't yet had a chance would've been offered the opportunity.

I think at any track at any level if it's a bit wet allowing everyone a couple of practice laps could sometimes get meetings on instead of postponed.