British Speedway Forum
stumper

Redcar v Scunthorpe KO Cup Semi Final (2nd Leg) 06/10/23

Can't see the Bears pulling it back, but should be a cracking meeting either way! 

Need to simplify averages, a guest should only be allowed up to 80% of injured riders average. Maybe utilise RR more and different. This is not about Redcar, more about the accumulation of the last few weeks

I will not be there, I am still trying to recover from the lurgy, had it for 3 weeks now. I cannot see the Bears even winning tonight never mind overall,  injuries and illnesses have spoilt our season. however well done to every Bears rider except Jake who have won something this season, albeit some of them for other teams.

25 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Need to simplify averages, a guest should only be allowed up to 80% of injured riders average. Maybe utilise RR more and different. This is not about Redcar, more about the accumulation of the last few weeks

Well Redcar are already weaker with guests available, so I’m not sure how weakening them (or any other team) further benefits anyone?

Anyway, it will be a good showing if Redcar avoid defeat in this meeting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Yeah, great idea.  De-value the sport even further and short change the fans even more. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Yeah, great idea.  De-value the sport even further and short change the fans even more. :rolleyes:

To be fair, they probably need to do something with the averages (remove loopholes for a start).

Robert Lambert has a 9.6 average from 6 meetings and he is guesting for a rider on 8.6 (Tai 8.47 from 8 meetings).

You also have Tarasenko on a 6.9 average for Peterborough joining the championship on a 5 average.

These 2 moves could win the leagues in both divisions.

Back to the meeting and looking good for Scunthorpe to progress.

I enjoyed watching the stream more when it went off (which was regularly). Dreadful end to the season for the patched up Bears.

Too easy for the Scorpions, could easily have been a bigger win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

Maybe not a bad idea as numerous times this season teams have been stronger when they have had injuries and brought in guests. Horses for courses. I can't think of any other sport where a team suffering several injuries are stronger apart from speedway. 

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

I enjoyed watching the stream more when it went off (which was regularly). Dreadful end to the season for the patched up Bears.

Too easy for the Scorpions, could easily have been a bigger win.

Good job the real Douglas never turned up!

2 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

How rough is the Redcar track tonight

For most of the meeting, it was as difficult, as I have seen it, in a long while. Do not no why that was.

Seemed everyone was struggling with second bend. Several riders going into it and virtually stopping to get the bike turned. Tractors did their 26 laps up to heat 13, spoiling the flow of the meeting as usual at the STMP.  Well done Scorpions you did us proud, just the Pirates left to beat to  finish the season off in style- A big ask but who knows over 30 heats?

6 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Seemed everyone was struggling with second bend. Several riders going into it and virtually stopping to get the bike turned. Tractors did their 26 laps up to heat 13, spoiling the flow of the meeting as usual at the STMP.  Well done Scorpions you did us proud, just the Pirates left to beat to  finish the season off in style- A big ask but who knows over 30 heats?

that is so true, tractors seem to be out to much, and im not convinced they actually did any good with the track as it was last night,saying that a night at Redcar is always a decent one, stadium and track are tip top

Looking forward to a few trips up there again next year already

Great performance by Scunny on the night

• Like 1