British Speedway Forum
Hooky

Sheffield Tigers 2024

How has an all 4 back decision from over 10 years ago ended up in a debate on Sheffield Tigers 2024 thread… spare me

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

How has an all 4 back decision from over 10 years ago ended up in a debate on Sheffield Tigers 2024 thread… spare me

Good point, probably because Holder rode for Sheffield last season.

Edited by foreverblue

2 hours ago, therefused said:

why does someone having a reputation play into it? he should have gone, 100%

It could have gone either way, Dirty Nicki hit his front wheel when he clamped Holder but I know we all see things differently and with another referee Holder could have gone. The other thing to consider is it was the first bend so it could easily be seen as first bend bunching and the referee took that option. 

J. Holder

Howarth

Musielak

Pickering

Woffinden

Etheridge

Boughen

Must be a close enough fit if points limit were the same.

6 hours ago, OdsalBoy said:

J. Holder

Howarth

Musielak

Pickering

Woffinden

Etheridge

Boughen

Not including RS that would come about 2 points over this seasons limit 

14 hours ago, OdsalBoy said:

J. Holder

Howarth

Musielak

Pickering

Woffinden

Etheridge

Boughen

Tobi ain’t coming back

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OdsalBoy said:

J. Holder

Howarth

Musielak

Pickering

Woffinden

Etheridge

Boughen

Chris Holder for Tobi and Dan Gilkes for Ashton Boughen and think that’s our 2024 line up providing no curve balls at the conference next month 

• Like 3

On 10/26/2023 at 4:59 AM, foreverblue said:

It could have gone either way, Dirty Nicki hit his front wheel when he clamped Holder but I know we all see things differently and with another referee Holder could have gone. The other thing to consider is it was the first bend so it could easily be seen as first bend bunching and the referee took that option. 

Behave yourself. 

holder took him out and its as clear as day on replay. Pedersens reputation went against him simple as that. 

It is a massive shame thats the only title holder won, i thought he would of won more and probably would of if not for injuries. But that night , Pedersen was robbed and its only because many dislike Nicki that more wasnt said. Had that of been Crumpie or Hancock instead of Pedersen, there would of been uproar. 

that being said , Holder imo was the best in the world that season but doesnt make that decision right. Ref bottled it in a semi final and well the rest is history.

51 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Behave yourself. 

holder took him out and its as clear as day on replay. Pedersens reputation went against him simple as that. 

It is a massive shame thats the only title holder won, i thought he would of won more and probably would of if not for injuries. But that night , Pedersen was robbed and its only because many dislike Nicki that more wasnt said. Had that of been Crumpie or Hancock instead of Pedersen, there would of been uproar. 

that being said , Holder imo was the best in the world that season but doesnt make that decision right. Ref bottled it in a semi final and well the rest is history.

I was a bit worried for Holder especially with the aftermath with Pedersen and his mechanics, I thought it might affect him in the re-run. If the decision had gone against him Pedersen could have won the title. He has had injuries which has hindered him, I talked to him last year at Poole and he said he still remembers the Coventry crash vividly, he said he feared he would not walk again let alone ride a bike.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

I was a bit worried for Holder especially with the aftermath with Pedersen and his mechanics, I thought it might affect him in the re-run. If the decision had gone against him Pedersen could have won the title. He has had injuries which has hindered him, I talked to him last year at Poole and he said he still remembers the Coventry crash vividly, he said he feared he would not walk again let alone ride a bike.

No doubt Pedersen wasnt happy and tried the mind games and fair play to Holder, he held his nerve and done it and became world champ and I don't doubt that. What I do doubt is how he was in the re run in the first place. As I said, no doubt Nickis past behavior went against him this time like it did many times in his latter GP days.

7 minutes ago, Pinny said:

No doubt Pedersen wasnt happy and tried the mind games and fair play to Holder, he held his nerve and done it and became world champ and I don't doubt that. What I do doubt is how he was in the re run in the first place. As I said, no doubt Nickis past behavior went against him this time like it did many times in his latter GP days.

Crump helped him to calm down I seem to remember which was nice of him and important as I think Holder needed it. Even in league racing Nicki has made some horrific  moves but later on he did seem to get decisions go against him,unfairly in some cases.

Just now, foreverblue said:

Crump helped him to calm down I seem to remember which was nice of him and important as I think Holder needed it. Even in league racing Nicki has made some horrific  moves but later on he did seem to get decisions go against him,unfairly in some cases.

Crumpy I think was a huge mentor for Holder later on, which is quite mad when you think back to Crump and Holders fall out in Cardiff a few years before.

6 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Crumpy I think was a huge mentor for Holder later on, which is quite mad when you think back to Crump and Holders fall out in Cardiff a few years before.

On track heat of the moment stuff I think, always liked Crumpy, fantastic rider and top bloke.

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

On track heat of the moment stuff I think, always liked Crumpy, fantastic rider and top bloke.

Agreed. After Trick, I'd put Crump joint second with Nicki P in the list of best riders I have seen since following the sport since 1999.

Just now, Pinny said:

Agreed. After Trick, I'd put Crump joint second with Nicki P in the list of best riders I have seen since following the sport since 1999.

Yes agreed Crump unfortunate not to win more titles which was because of Tony. 

• Like 1