British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cast1rn

Got to be Two leagues then

8 hours ago, MillenTheVillen said:

No one should be paying for it and that's been a problem for years, once they reach NDL age (15) and someone pays them they start riding once every 2 to 3 weeks depending on the fixtures because in their eyes why should they practice if no one's paying them for it?

There's plenty tracks doings Amatuer Meetings and on the look out for riders at all engine sizes for Competive 2nd half but most won't travel because they have to pay their own way.

If they're good enough Clubs will pick them up regardless (let's be honest the parents foot the Bill to bring the Kids up to the age of 16 with Club's not really having any input then take all the credit for everything)

Most will travel but getting fed up of not getting a ride no time etc

If no ndl surely need to have more competitive second halves? Every team needs a 5 team junior side for example. Maybe somewhere between NDL and njl/ MDL or whatever. Can't have kids going from 2nd halves to even a weakened championship 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ben91 said:

It’s a very defeatist attitude and probably contributes to promotion these days rarely being any more than “if you don’t come we might close.” Which is lazy and emotional blackmail. 

The sport should constantly be trying to improve and as fans we shouldn’t be accepting of any old dross just because we should be lucky to have speedway at all. 

I am talking about my team, having already lost it once and also the team I supported in between now gone forever.I wouldn’t support any old dross and understand your point but most of the time I’ve been totally entertained at Oxford and at Swindon before that so that is where i am coming from.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2023 at 2:05 PM, MillenTheVillen said:

Number 7s should be protected all Season (if that's 2 point riders so be it but they should be protected fully) and no averages given and at No 7 all season, Number 6s should also be British U24s only under 4 points.

If at the end of year 1 (or 2 or 3 or year 4) your Number 7 has achieved a 4+ point average (on paper) they have to move to number 6 berth  or main body and a new no 7 comes in.

(If for any reason a British U24 rider is struggling in main body and drops under 4 points they can go back to Number 6)

These numbers could be tweaked but they have to be British u24s and protected.

Let's be honest if you've got a reserve taking 6 or 7 rides and beating 1-5s regularly should they actually be at reserve and protected longterm, no they shouldn't and neither should ex Gp stars riding at Reserve!

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2023 at 4:52 PM, szkocjasid said:

Wouldn't complain with that

MTV has just contradicted himself with his 1st & last paragraphs.

If say Killeen, Boughen or Harrison come in at no 7 & beat fellow reserves & the occasional 2nd strings they could, potentially, be running with a 5 point average but you say in your 1st part that they have to stay at no7. Yet in your last part(not beating heat leaders), you are saying that they should not stay in their protected no7! 

• Like 1

And we all know there will be 2 point riders and "2 point" riders!!

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

MTV has just contradicted himself with his 1st & last paragraphs.

If say Killeen, Boughen or Harrison come in at no 7 & beat fellow reserves & the occasional 2nd strings they could, potentially, be running with a 5 point average but you say in your 1st part that they have to stay at no7. Yet in your last part(not beating heat leaders), you are saying that they should not stay in their protected no7! 

There's no contradiction at all, the 1st references 2 pointers (ie Killeen and Harrison and the last bit references how it is just now where they're not mentioned.

I also clearly stated should  they achieve 4+ they have to move after even 1 season.