British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Technik said:

You can always use the physical key to get into the van. Just because the electric fob is not working does not restrict access & for only £13 you can get a battery fitted at any Timpsons in a few minutes

Don’t you think his dad has tried this ? It’s not like a Vauxhall Astra car you know ! It’s a very high spec Mercedes AB  race van with a high security locking system to stop people breaking in. Maybe give him a call if you think it’s easy ? 
They are speaking directly to Mercedes and locksmith’s to solve the issue.
They are having the whole electronic key system replaced today at a considerable expense so hopefully they will be able to race at the weekend. The only other option is to cut the doors off.

I don’t know why people like yourself like having little digs at a 16 year old lad ? When you obviously don’t know what extremes they are going to, to get it fixed I just wish people like you would speak to his dad (very nice guy) instead of putting crap on here you know nothing about. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, lynnboy said:

Don’t you think his dad has tried this ? It’s not like a Vauxhall Astra car you know ! It’s a very high spec Mercedes AB  race van with a high security locking system to stop people breaking in. Maybe give him a call if you think it’s easy ? 
They are speaking directly to Mercedes and locksmith’s to solve the issue.
They are having the whole electronic key system replaced today at a considerable expense so hopefully they will be able to race at the weekend. The only other option is to cut the doors off.

I don’t know why people like yourself like having little digs at a 16 year old lad ? When you obviously don’t know what extremes they are going to, to get it fixed I just wish people like you would speak to his dad (very nice guy) instead of putting crap on here you know nothing about. 

All I have done is put forward some facts. He missed a meeting earlier in the season & was warned about that & now he has missed  a BSPL championship fixture bothy of which have happened.

I went on to ask if he will receive any further punishment. His reasons are his own & if questioned this is what he will rely on.

My knowledge is based on being a commercial vehicle technician for over 40 years. I am not having a dig at a 16 year old that is clearly very talented just pointing out facts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Technik said:

All I have done is put forward some facts. He missed a meeting earlier in the season & was warned about that & now he has missed  a BSPL championship fixture bothy of which have happened.

I went on to ask if he will receive any further punishment. His reasons are his own & if questioned this is what he will rely on.

My knowledge is based on being a commercial vehicle technician for over 40 years. I am not having a dig at a 16 year old that is clearly very talented just pointing out facts.

The first meeting he missed had nothing to do with him. His dad was not very well and had to leave. what is a 15 year old supposed to do ? Stay there by himself at the other end of the country, or get a lift home with his dad ? He was on the track walk so it showed he was going to ride. Secondly he was desperate to ride in the u19’s as he had a good chance of a rostrum place and maybe even a win.

Well you will be pleased to know the technician managed after 3 days of trying, he sorted out the issues with the van and managed to get it opened. As I said if you thought you could of done it quicker I’m sure they would of paid for you to fix it, but I think you will find it was nowhere near as easy fix as you made out. Let’s hope he scores maximum hauls in all his matches this weekend as I’m sure you will have something else to write about him. Hopefully something nice for a change. 

• Like 1