British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cast1rn

Injured Rider averages

Just a quick question during the team building guessing for 2024. 

Riders who didn't take a ride in 2023 due to injury or riding abroad elsewhere what happens to their averages for 2024. (Jack Thomas, Zaine Kennedy etc)

And riders who haven't ridden in the UK in a few years, do there averages get reassessed? Similarly to Lee Complin? Is there a minimum period before they'll reassess?

Edited by Cast1rn

I think your average is valid for three years. Check the averages section of the regs… think I saw something implied there when I was reading earlier.

16 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Riders who didn't take a ride in 2023 due to injury or riding abroad elsewhere what happens to their averages for 2024. (Jack Thomas, Zaine Kennedy etc)

And riders who haven't ridden in the UK in a few years, do there averages get reassessed? Similarly to Lee Complin? Is there a minimum period before they'll reassess?

Depends on who is asking.

• Haha 2

On 10/14/2023 at 5:09 PM, Cast1rn said:

Also the Lambert scenario. How long does his average stand. Or will he be parachuted into a play off team each year until he retires?

OK, I've read the regulations again. Here's my understanding:

• Any rider who appeared this season will be given an average which will be published after the AGM.
  • A rider with an average in more than one league will keep the respective averages for those leagues - no conversion.
  • A rider who has been absent for three or more seasons can get an amended average, seemingly at the whim of BSP LTD
  • A rider who has been absent for more than one full season due to a speedway injury can get an amended average, again seemingly at the whim of BSP LTD.

Nothing is mentioned about riders who didn't ride this year, but did in one of the previous two years, and weren't side-lined by a speedway injury. I'm not sure why a rider who missed a year through injury would be treated differently to one who missed the season for another reason.

I'm also not sure what happens to someone who didn't appear this season or last season. They won't have an average from this year's AGM, but they won't qualify for an amended MA, so I suppose the implication is the published average from AGM 2022 or AGM 2021 would apply, but the rules don't actually say this.

Edited by Noelinho

I guess it'll be decided on whatever is seen as in the best interest of British Speedway?