British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

15 hours ago, Catalan said:

Got a question.

What sort of time are we looking at for meetings to finish at Workington?

Ben fund meeting could/will take longer than a normal meeting  . but about right ( 1.5 to 2 hrs ) for a nornal type of meeting .

On 1/6/2024 at 1:06 AM, Supersteady84 said:

Matty would have a starting average of 6.30 that's what I've been told

Normally riders only get reductions if injured & miss a full season, unless your name is Maciej Janowski riders tend to keep the same average.

23 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Normally riders only get reductions if injured & miss a full season, unless your name is Maciej Janowski riders tend to keep the same average.

I believe you have to ask for the reduction, as Maciej hasn't ridden here since 2015, a reasonable request I would have thought. Riders like Chris Holder or Tai wouldn't have requested a re-assessment as they would have been re-assessed upwards.

Posted (edited)

Maybe Rew can be tempted to ride in the Championship with Workington, i would have thought having Keynan and Tate in the same team would be good for team spirit.

Edited by foreverblue

49 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I believe you have to ask for the reduction, as Maciej hasn't ridden here since 2015, a reasonable request I would have thought. Riders like Chris Holder or Tai wouldn't have requested a re-assessment as they would have been re-assessed upwards.

As Janowski has been a GP rider in those years, no reason he should get a reduction imo.

As for Wethers (as well as Clegg) not a fan of giving anyone a reduction, but just feel not removing Newcastle matches from the rolling averages, would have been sensible & Wethers could gain a team place on a more realistic average.

49 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Maybe Rew can be tempted to ride in the Championship with Workington, i would have thought having Keynan and Tate in the same team would be good for team spirit.

Rew wouldn't be a bad signing at all, still would have Vissing as my first choice though.

49 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Rew wouldn't be a bad signing at all, still would have Vissing as my first choice though.

Rew would be better in my view, he is likely to improve over the season, Vissing will not.

51 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

As Janowski has been a GP rider in those years, no reason he should get a reduction imo.

As for Wethers (as well as Clegg) not a fan of giving anyone a reduction, but just feel not removing Newcastle matches from the rolling averages, would have been sensible & Wethers could gain a team place on a more realistic average.

As he hasn't ridden here for so long then re-assessed on a 8 point average would be fair.  I think it is fantastic he is riding here and I will try to see him ride as much as possible, he was always a pleasure to watch.

37 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Rew would be better in my view, he is likely to improve over the season, Vissing will not.

You don't want too many riders going to tracks for the first time though. A bit of experience to go alongside the top two is pretty important. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Rew might improve as a rider over the season but will he surpass Vissing, who I think I better now.

For example Rew has a 6.00 converted Champ ave based on his 4.00 Prem ave, which is because he can't drop below 4.00 - averaged 3.74 in 2023.

Whereas Vissing has a rolling ave of 6.24, despite his 2023 form of 7.07 (8.00 home / 6.19 away).

I still can't believe Glasgow dropped Vissing & would love Workington to sign him & so he can top score for a Comets away win at Ashfield. I can dream lol!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You don't want too many riders going to tracks for the first time though. A bit of experience to go alongside the top two is pretty important. 

Having ridden with Ipswich and been to the premiership tracks, I don't think the Championship tracks should be a problem to Rew.

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Rew might improve as a rider over the season but will he surpass Vissing, who I think I better now.

For example Rew has a 6.00 converted Champ ave based on his 4.00 Prem ave, which is because he can't drop below 4.00 - averaged 3.74 in 2023.

Whereas Vissing has a rolling ave of 6.24, despite his 2023 form of 7.07 (8.00 home / 6.19 away).

I still can't believe Glasgow dropped Vissing & would love Workington to sign him & so he can top score for a Comets away win at Ashfield. I can dream lol!

Personally I think Rew has the potential to be at least as good as Vissing over a season in the championship

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Personally I think Rew has the potential to be at least as good as Vissing over a season in the championship

He could be, that's the fun part of pre-season, hoping you're team has got it right.

25 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Having ridden with Ipswich and been to the premiership tracks, I don't think the Championship tracks should be a problem to Rew.

Any track can be difficult for the first visit though, places like Berwick, Edinburgh and Plymouth are pretty unique in shape and take a bit of learning. 

That said if Rew was the last signing rather than Vissing I'd be more excited as a Worky fan, but would be slightly concerned at going to some circuits with five debutants.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Any track can be difficult for the first visit though, places like Berwick, Edinburgh and Plymouth are pretty unique in shape and take a bit of learning. 

That said if Rew was the last signing rather than Vissing I'd be more excited as a Worky fan, but would be slightly concerned at going to some circuits with five debutants.

You maybe right but having ridden at Ipswich he could be better now at tracks that take a little getting used to.