British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

35 minutes ago, Supersteady84 said:

I could tell ya but you'll have to wait til Saturday and find out for yourself 

I can smell that bulls**t from here!! You have proved over and over you know nothing 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

I can smell that bulls**t from here!! You have proved over and over you know nothing 

I know who the 7th rider is and you clearly don't lol

16 minutes ago, Supersteady84 said:

I know who the 7th rider is and you clearly don't lol

Go on then… Put your money where your mouth is for a second time and enlighten us all.

8 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Go on then… Put your money where your mouth is for a second time and enlighten us all.

Pretty sure he doesn't know and just winding a certain person up!

Before Christmas, there were certainely 3 riders all of 6.0 - 6.2 average lined up, verbal agreements at different points, annoucements created (I saw them) but all give backword for various different reasons. (Longtrack, Poland Div 1, Retirement)

I'd imagine that this is where the plans come unstuck. It's not easy to build a brand new side with no asset base, and they've done rather well to get exciting young riders in to create that asset base.

As for the 7th rider, no idea. It's tight lipped, regular people around the club don't know either.

Hopefully there is some exciting news on Saturday. The people of West Cumbria are excitied to see speedway back and it will probably show on Saturday with a big turnout for a practice session!

42 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Nah you can wait till sat

4 minutes ago, Supersteady84 said:

Nah you can wait till sat

If there's not even an announcement made on Saturday, what direction are you going to take your trolling in next? It's interesting

Just now, Diamonds85 said:

If there's not even an announcement made on Saturday, what direction are you going to take your trolling in next? It's interesting

You'll see on sun lol 

29 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Pretty sure he doesn't know and just winding a certain person up!

Before Christmas, there were certainely 3 riders all of 6.0 - 6.2 average lined up, verbal agreements at different points, annoucements created (I saw them) but all give backword for various different reasons. (Longtrack, Poland Div 1, Retirement)

I'd imagine that this is where the plans come unstuck. It's not easy to build a brand new side with no asset base, and they've done rather well to get exciting young riders in to create that asset base.

As for the 7th rider, no idea. It's tight lipped, regular people around the club don't know either.

Hopefully there is some exciting news on Saturday. The people of West Cumbria are excitied to see speedway back and it will probably show on Saturday with a big turnout for a practice session!

Kenneth Hansen, Anders Rowe and Josh Auty?

3 minutes ago, Supersteady84 said:

You'll see on sun lol 

I can't wait. Most exciting part of the off season. Watching who's winding who up :rofl:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Kenneth Hansen, Anders Rowe and Josh Auty?

Good spot! 

Imagine it's wild and Bellego and Riss come in (well aware that Poland is likely to rule it out) but all a bit of fun! 

Edited by DJC

Riss at over 7 is too high an average 

7 minutes ago, Neila said:

Riss at over 7 is too high an average 

Was a bit tongue in cheek going off the 'rumours' about Cook but I'm sure I read that up to 4.2 in the PL converted would fit so it could still be Bellego. Didn't he end on a 4?

4 minutes ago, DJC said:

Was a bit tongue in cheek going off the 'rumours' about Cook but I'm sure I read that up to 4.2 in the PL converted would fit so it could still be Bellego. Didn't he end on a 4?

Bellego's champ average would be 6.00 yeah (4.00 in Prem)

As much as Bellego didn't do well for Sheffield last year, surely he's too good for the championship? He's a class rider, especially on a big track... If Workington could pull that off it would be incredible

1 minute ago, Diamonds85 said:

As much as Bellego didn't do well for Sheffield last year, surely he's too good for the championship? He's a class rider, especially on a big track... If Workington could pull that off it would be incredible

He's already fixed up in Poland, Sweden and Denmark won't be in the UK i'd imagine

• Like 1