British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Oxford Cheetahs 2024

Thoughts on the Oxford team for 2024?

Ashton Boughen has already confirmed he will be racing for Oxford next year, and Peter Schroeck seemed to suggest Luke Killeen would be back in 2024 after being dropped for Boughen this season. Seems like they've got a lot invested in Henry Atkins and Jordan Jenkins as well, so can't see either of them leaving.

It's the top end of the team that's more uncertain. Lewis Kerr won't be coming back, could Scott Nicholls retire, and will Sam Masters still race in the Championship with the (rumoured) lower points limit? I'd be surprised if Heeps is back, but also said that last year.

Edited by Bojangles

Its a difficult one with the new/rumoured Points limit, but id rather not have heeps back he got a 2nd chance this year and I wasn't overly impressed.

as you say id be surprised to see Henry or Jordan going especially with the lower points limit which could see an improvement in strength.

30 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Thoughts on the Oxford team for 2024?

Ashton Boughen has already confirmed he will be racing for Oxford next year, and Peter Schroeck seemed to suggest Luke Killeen would be back in 2024 after being dropped for Boughen this season. Seems like they've got a lot invested in Henry Atkins and Jordan Jenkins as well, so can't see either of them leaving.

It's the top end of the team that's more uncertain. Lewis Kerr won't be coming back, could Scott Nicholls retire, and will Sam Masters still race in the Championship with the (rumoured) lower points limit? I'd be surprised if Heeps is back, but also said that last year.

He seems destined for Redcar, if you believe the rumours, but Flint as a  HL with the rumoured points reduction would be a great signing. 

Very youthful side with Atkins and Jenkins as second strings. Nicholls may see out one more year with that side and should give about 6.5 points for a 2nd HL.

22 minutes ago, DJC said:

He seems destined for Redcar, if you believe the rumours, but Flint as a  HL with the rumoured points reduction would be a great signing. 

Very youthful side with Atkins and Jenkins as second strings. Nicholls may see out one more year with that side and should give about 6.5 points for a 2nd HL.

Who seems destined for Redcar?

16 minutes ago, Redtruck said:

I'm guessing he means Kerr.

21 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Hope not he’s not consistent enough to be a no1 

21 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

I thought he meant Flint? Masters average has dropped by a point over 2023 so if no Scott think they would go for him. 

40 minutes ago, Redtruck said:

Flint. Loads of rumours he will replace Riss/King 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DJC said:

I just can't imagine Flint leaving Berwick tbh

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

I just can't imagine Flint leaving Berwick tbh

Nor me, but if he did I would have thought Oxford with the Courtney connection would be a no brainer.

He could do with a year away from the safety net that is his homegrown track where ever that may be 

44 minutes ago, DJC said:

What's Flint going to Redcar got to do with Oxford? Or have I missed something? Not complaining - just confused!

Edit: I've got it, I think. You mean Flint would be a good signing for Oxford, if he doesn't go to Redcar? If so, I'm not sure, Flint as always struggled a bit at Sandy Lane.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DJC said:

Nor me, but if he did I would have thought Oxford with the Courtney connection would be a no brainer.

He could do with a year away from the safety net that is his homegrown track where ever that may be 

If he only rode for Berwick I'd agree with you, but he rides in the Prem & Poland without a "safety net".

I guess I'm hoping for Berwick's sake he stays, they've not been strong for a while & losing Flint would hurt them badly imo

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

What's Flint going to Redcar got to do with Oxford? Or have I missed something? Not complaining - just confused!

Edit: I've got it, I think. You mean Flint would be a good signing for Oxford, if he doesn't go to Redcar? If so, I'm not sure, Flint as always struggled a bit at Sandy Lane.

Scored 11 the other week guesting for Redcar

31 minutes ago, Normski said:

Scored 11 the other week guesting for Redcar

From six riders. He had one good race where he beat Masters (in which Masters was severely hampered by Hume), otherwise he only beat Atkins and Boughen (bar a Jenkins exclusion in heat 15).

Scored 5+1 when visiting with Berwick and 6 when guesting for Oxford against Redcar. Not exactly what you'd hope for from a heat leader, he just doesn't seem to like the track very much.

Edited by Bojangles