British Speedway Forum

Just now, Weeyin said:

I heard Zaine Kennedy for Poole

4.27?

19 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Tate is a 5.00

If that really was the case (and is that on basis it is assumed he is on a 5 for racing only 6 matches in POL U24). Or is it based on actual factual information from UK authorities that he is a 5.

Just seems a bit crazy that the likes of Pearson/Hook can race near enough 2 seasons in the same league but only get classified at 4 because racing in UK they achieved that, where an inexperienced Aussie who lost 6 months to injury has to accept a 5 for in effect 6 meetings. Also his Danish experience in 2022 was a quick flying visit where he rode a few meetings as a short working holiday in their junior div 2 before jetting back home.

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Ok, with all the rules now known lets try and name riders for Poole in 2024.

So far the forum has rumoured  a 6 of Lawson/Brennan/B.Cook/Z.Cook/Sam Hagon & Max Perry (last 2 as reserves). The last 2 also promote the young Brit support policy.

By my calculation that leaves 4.30 left. Of existing riders it sweeps up on mid 3 points onward's of Hook/Pearson/Borke/ Joe Thompson/Nielsen/Starke

That seems to leave choosing one of them (if not all signed up already) or a young Aussie ??. The Aussie U21 Finals was weekend just gone and a bit of a disaster as 3 rider were excluded, and Michael West was left to ride 4 laps alone to win it. Exclusions included the heavy favourite Rew plus my rider for the future Zischke. Believe Zischke was last exclusion in the 3/4 attempts to race the final so was awarded 2nd place. Can't find individual scores or race videos anywhere on FB or Youtube or any of the POL Speedway sites which is unusual as they gave all heat results in the junior 125cc event.

I still have my doubts as to whether the likes of West & Zischke would be 5 pointers having only really raced in POL U24 league bearing in mind the likes of Hook/Pearson and young Brits who raced in it still get away with 4 (if Aussies) or even lower if Brits.

Snippit of interest for those maybe not aware. Found a video of Michael West on Youtube doing some after racing laps at Poole Stadium about 5 months ago. The guy is 19 and did plenty of meetings in the POL U24 lge last season. Wonder if it was a precurser to maybe Poole in 2024??. Personally think Zischke would be my choice of the 2 as younger and certainly in late 2022 prior to his accident was well ahead of West and a year younger. No doubt both will be racing on a Tuesday in POL U24 again.

If it comes down to saving cost maybe the Ford's will go with one of those named who already raced in UK in 2022 & 2023.

So where have these 6 riders materialised from ?

So possibly 3 Aussies in the Poole team, hope they don't pick up any injuries in the Aussie championship meetings.

2 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Earlier comments on the forum from several people prior to the AGM. May be all hot air of course. 

Just trying to cultivate a discussion based on what's been on the forum, none of those named was initiated by me.

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Lets not forget Zaine Kennedy's younger brother, Declan!!??;)

Wouldn't be the biggest surprise as if Zaine is returning to UK, I'm sure he could maybe lodge with Zaine and they could help each other like the Cook's have done.

Also checking back can't find any record of him having done Europe racing (certainly not the 2 seasons of POL U24). So maybe he qualifies on a 4.

Also been riding well in Aussie as has had some impressive scores including beating likes of Zischke and believe he won a 5 round Darcy Ward series in Aussie.

For interest an article recently published in Aussie said:

Declan Kennedy, regarded by experts, as having an extremely big future in the sport, won the BRTS Darcy Ward Track Championship in 2022 and currently leads the points standings in the 2023 domestic series. Kennedy has appeared in the prestigious Darcy Ward Invitational and acquitted himself brilliantly.

26 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

If that really was the case (and is that on basis it is assumed he is on a 5 for racing only 6 matches in POL U24). Or is it based on actual factual information from UK authorities that he is a 5.

Just seems a bit crazy that the likes of Pearson/Hook can race near enough 2 seasons in the same league but only get classified at 4 because racing in UK they achieved that, where an inexperienced Aussie who lost 6 months to injury has to accept a 5 for in effect 6 meetings. Also his Danish experience in 2022 was a quick flying visit where he rode a few meetings as a short working holiday in their junior div 2 before jetting back home.

Pretty sure Hook and Pearson had raced in the UK  before they went to poland Tate was dew over here last year with a team spot sorted before he had even ridden in Poland but with his injury in  OZ lost that place then when the team tried to get him when his injury had cleared up he had already ridden 3 meetings in poland so was told he would now come in on a 5 

40 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

I heard Zaine Kennedy for Poole

Won't he be back for Scunny? 

Edited by lisa-colette

54 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

The 1st one of those 6 has signed, welcome back Ben Cook 

• Like 3

How about Paul Starke for the "gap" in the team?

Poole  
Richard Lawson 8.48
Ben Cook 7.39
Tom Brennan 7.15
Zach Cook 6.22
Paul Starke 4.00
Sam Hagon 2.56
Max Perry 2.00
Total 37.80

28 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

How about Paul Starke for the "gap" in the team?

Poole  
Richard Lawson 8.48
Ben Cook 7.39
Tom Brennan 7.15
Zach Cook 6.22
Paul Starke 4.00
Sam Hagon 2.56
Max Perry 2.00
Total 37.80

Rumoured that Starke will be much further North!

Joe Thompson?-

Edited by Skidder1

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Rumoured that Starke will be much further North!

Joe Thompson?-

Both Thompson’s at Plymouth and Stake at Glasgow.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole