British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, FishersGate said:

It's still a cracking side. 4 heat leaders which no other team can say plus some riders that should improve there averages

It is a very good side but I don't agree that Zach Cook is a heat leader. He's a 24-year-old six pointer who has never impressed me around certain away tracks especially Ashfield where he has often looked like a reserve but Poole definitely look like potential title winners for 2024.

1 hour ago, daz9100 said:

Looks like he rode for Brovst, same team as Tate Zischke

Where you find that ?? 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Let's hope it works out or never hear the end of it from FB!! Let's just remember everyone wrote Oxford off last season, so see what happens. 

Surely can't be worse than Zane Kelleher. Even if he is still obsessed by Poole :D

Well I obviously I do not want to be proved right but now the news is out I believe I made a valid point which some will agree with.  I know I went on about it to the point where some thought I disliked Brennan but I just felt his points could have been used better especially as Kyle Newman is a favourite rider of mine who rode well last season.

1 hour ago, lewy said:

How 

By signing a Dane who isn't good enough for the DSL. Last season he only rode in Div 1 (Saturday fixtures)

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

A not entirely unrelated question - as the season progresses, do any team changes, other than like for like, have to build back to 38 points or does the team building average revert to 42? Or has that already been discussed and I’ve missed it?

Build back to 38 unless replacing a rider with the same or lesser average 

24 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

It is a very good side but I don't agree that Zach Cook is a heat leader. He's a 24-year-old six pointer who has never impressed me around certain away tracks especially Ashfield where he has often looked like a reserve but Poole definitely look like potential title winners for 2024.

He did beat Craig Cook around Glasgow though. So can't be that bad! At home he def a HL! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He did beat Craig Cook around Glasgow though. So can't be that bad! At home he def a HL! 

Zach is improving all the time, I think there is a fair bit more to come and he could add a half a point to his average next season but have a feeling Ben will continue to be the better brother.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Zach is improving all the time, I think there is a fair bit more to come and he could add a half a point to his average next season but have a feeling Ben will continue to be the better brother.

Be interesting to see how it goes as Zach probably has the beating of most second strings next season and Ben might have the challenging H13s so averages might get quite close! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

Zach will be a heat leader at this level, all riders at his average have bad meetings otherwise they would be 8 point average.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Aries said:

What’s that I hear? Is it the sound of STEVEHOLS heart breaking??  :D

After the latest news on the Dane a big yes. 

• Like 2

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Be interesting to see how it goes as Zach probably has the beating of most second strings next season and Ben might have the challenging H13s so averages might get quite close! 

In my opinion Ben is more than capable of beating most heat leaders

10 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Cook as Poole's 4th "heat leader" has an average of 6.22. other teams 3rd heat leaders are Etheridge (5.91), Thompson (6.48), Flint (6.56), Jenkins (5.98), Newman (5.65), Jorgensen (6.39).

So Cook is not far behind the best 3rd heat leaders in the league & stronger than the weakest. In a 38 point league, I'd say Poole certainly have "4 heat leaders"

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2

Ashley Morris would've been a good signing for Poole! (bit of a random post ) :D

Edited by GiveusaB

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

Ashley Morris would've been a good signing for Poole! (bit of a random post ) :D

I believe he has retired, even so his average would have been to high for the last spot.

I'm gonna have to agree with the suggestion made that Rowe & Newman combined would have scored more than Brennan & Thomsen.

If Rowe gets a Champ spot, will be interesting to compare their final averages.