British Speedway Forum

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Catalan said:

So nothing has changed??????????????????????????????

I think any potential issue is with the newly awaited BCP Council 'Local Plan' which is currently in the 'public consultation' stage!

The plan takes each council ward-by-ward and shows the Poole stadium site within the Poole Town Centre ward as a 'potential area for development'.  This is no different to previous plans under the old Poole Council, and has no current planning applications attached to the site, despite part of the site (railway sidings and Stadium lorry park area) previously being suggested for housing, whilst retaining the stadium itself..

Generally the Council has said it does not want to lose any sports/leisure facilities, (it is currently working with Poole Town FC to source a new facility!) but nevertheless has targets for new houses/accommodation to be met over the next 15 years or so. 

Personally, I wouldn't see the Stadium site as a 'priority' area for development by the Council as there are several other sites identified across the whole B'mth/Christchurch/Poole area which I would see of higher priority. BUT  a planning application could be submitted and fully funded by any third party partner ('cos the Council don't have the money!). It would be at that time that any protests and objections from speedway fans and anyone else against such developments would become necessary.

The housing development market isn't that buoyant at the moment so I guess its WATCH THIS SPACE for the time being..............!

In any case, it would likely be several years for any similar circumstances to come about, so as long as the rental of the stadium for speedway is kept at a reasonable level then I see Poole Speedway continuing for a good while yet. (Just my personal opinion!)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 3

Apparently someone practicing down at the stadium today, not sure who 

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

Tom Max and Sam were scheduled 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Bulldozers

11 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Bulldozers

Pirates not bulldozers 

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

Bulldozers

Same to you  !

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Bulldozers

You need to learn how to spell. You talk bull$#!t!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 1

Posted by Speedway Social on X. :D

My son has bought some Poole Pirates merchandise for himself, he's very happy with it. However, he's less happy that he's been taunted, ridiculed and verbally abused by people for wearing it... I'm not looking forward to when he has to leave the house.

https://x.com/SocialSpeedway/status/1781759860977140096

• Like 1
  • Haha 6