British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, hyderd said:

Can't argue against that, but he has won rounds in last season and the season before GP/s, hopefully we will see a faster tougher better gater Dan Bewley in 2024 and if we do, look out Mr Zmarzlik, an Englishman is after your title.

Zmarzlik is exceptional, there is no one who can challenge him over a season in the current gp line up.

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Zmarzlik is exceptional, there is no one who can challenge him over a season in the current gp line up.

That was last year, Bewley is now metal free and don't overlook J Holder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

That was last year, Bewley is now metal free and don't overlook J Holder.

Yes Jack could challenge, I backed him a couple of times last season as his price was tempting. Glad Dan is metal free but he needs more than that to challenge Bartosz over a season, they both can win meetings but Zmarzlik is head and shoulders above everyone currently.

7 hours ago, hyderd said:

Can't argue against that, but he has won rounds in last season and the season before GP/s, hopefully we will see a faster tougher better gater Dan Bewley in 2024 and if we do, look out Mr Zmarzlik, an Englishman is after your title.

Yeah really hard to watch the gps last season. Almost giving the championship to zmarzlik. Too many throttle jammers and not enough track craft used theses days. 

• Like 3

On 12/6/2023 at 10:15 AM, hyderd said:

Dan rode with metal plates/pins in his leg causing him pain all season, these have now been removed. 2024 could well be the season we see the real Dan Bewley. As for his gating I do agree with you about this issue, having said that if he can match or better J Holders gating, a world title is within his reach.

Will the removal of metal from his body reduce the effects of the starting gate magnets, and enable him to make faster starts?

On 12/6/2023 at 11:00 AM, DJC said:

He isn't the only one but it feels a lot more noticeable with Dan.

Him and Lambert were bullied out of semi & final spots too many times this campaign. 

It was so frustrating this season watching lambert boss the heats and then choose gate 2 and give big guns gate 1 to just push him out of the way. Happened 3-4 times. I get he’d won races off two but if you’re backing yourself to make it off 2 just back yourself to make it off 1 and when you do you’ve got the advantage to push your opponents out like they kept doing to him. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Chrisdonnelly said:

Yeah really hard to watch the gps last season. Almost giving the championship to zmarzlik. Too many throttle jammers and not enough track craft used theses days. 

Could race every round at Plymouth and Zmarzlik would still win. Bloke needs no help, he’s the best to ever do it. 

(Apologies for the tangent from the topic)

2 hours ago, 89buttons said:

It was so frustrating this season watching lambert boss the heats and then choose gate 2 and give big guns gate 1 to just push him out of the way. Happened 3-4 times. I get he’d won races off two but if you’re backing yourself to make it off 2 just back yourself to make it off 1 and when you do you’ve got the advantage to push your opponents out like they kept doing to him. 

Completely agree, Crumpy was with him at most meetings and would have expected his experience to have had a word at some point. Unless he was ignored, heard Lambert has changed his team completely this year. I wonder if anyone in the team will help with that side of his meetings

16 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Will the removal of metal from his body reduce the effects of the starting gate magnets, and enable him to make faster starts?

Trust you to let the secret out of the bag.;)

14 hours ago, DJC said:

Completely agree, Crumpy was with him at most meetings and would have expected his experience to have had a word at some point. Unless he was ignored, heard Lambert has changed his team completely this year. I wonder if anyone in the team will help with that side of his meetings

Obviously it’s easy for me say it say watching from the armchair I know but just seemed such an obvious mistake he made multiple times

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 6:12 PM, Chrisdonnelly said:

Still when he has the speed woffy has the best track craft of anyone in gps to challenge zmarzlik, just hasn’t seemed to have the speed or gating gloves the last 3 years or so 

3 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Still when he has the speed woffy has the best track craft of anyone in gps to challenge zmarzlik, just hasn’t seemed to have the speed or gating gloves the last 3 years or so 

Speed yes. Can ride a bike no doubt. But can't team ride , stop a run from behind or gate consistently. Woffy on day could miss the gate but be in front by the 3rd bend, I don't see bewley doing that 

Edited by Chrisdonnelly

3 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Would agree,but can’t see him getting back to that level,although he still talks a good game.To me Jack Holder is the biggest threat to Smarzlik

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Would agree,but can’t see him getting back to that level,although he still talks a good game.To me Jack Holder is the biggest threat to Smarzlik

If they was riding for different Polish teams I’d agree, just think Bartosz is still a bit of a protected species when Jack is being paid week in week out by the same people that are pumping money into Bartosz.

• Confused 1

Team getting announced tonight? Any surprises or are all the rumours true?

Are the Colts being announced tonight also?