British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, hyderd said:

When I asked the question the full team had NOT been announced. No need to get smart. 

You asked the question on Saturday.... The day after the team had been announced.     

...And you asked literally right in the middle of a discussion on what people thought of the announced team.

Perhaps there is a need to get smart after all.   

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

He's not as good as Mountain or Bailey so no place for him in the team.

never said he was, just asking what is he up to.

23 minutes ago, DazS said:

never said he was, just asking what is he up to.

Belle Vue have loaned him to Redcar for the 2024 Championship season.  Doesn't look like he'll start the 2024 season in the Premiership, but could come in if a Rising Star or reserve gets injured.

On 12/10/2023 at 6:24 PM, RoundTheBoards said:

Belle Vue have loaned him to Redcar for the 2024 Championship season.  Doesn't look like he'll start the 2024 season in the Premiership, but could come in if a Rising Star or reserve gets injured.

so they have is contract, i think a good move. 

Think the Belle Vue side is pretty solid.

Brady Kurtz, Dan Bewley give you the two out and out heatleaders.  Jaimon Lidsey has progressed season to season and offers a strong option at 3rd heatleader.

Norick Blodorn has plenty of Premiership + NSS experience. Was impressed with the Connor Mountain on the occasion I saw him at the British Final. Connor Bailey is developing and will contribute at home at reserve and Ben Cook was excellent last season if he can continue his development the Aces will be competitive. Not as immediately impressive as the Sheffield Tigers but can see them being ultra competitive again. 

Bewley can be immense at NSS, but his away performances were poor last year. If he can become more dominant at NSS & improve away, then he can put a substantial amount on his average.

Kurtz is what he is, can't see much improvement but solid home & away.  Lidsey worries me, can be great at NSS but offers little away, if he isn't gating he isn't scoring.  Cook should improve, as should Blodorn who had an awkward season in 2023.  Swapping between top 5 & reserve all year.

I didn't see Mountain at NSS in 2023 but he was decent & forceful the year before, Bailey can be super fast, should develop.

I don't think the Aces of 2024 are favourites for the title but I can't imagine they won't make the playoffs.

13 hours ago, Hackett said:

Think the Belle Vue side is pretty solid.

Brady Kurtz, Dan Bewley give you the two out and out heatleaders.  Jaimon Lidsey has progressed season to season and offers a strong option at 3rd heatleader.

Norick Blodorn has plenty of Premiership + NSS experience. Was impressed with the Connor Mountain on the occasion I saw him at the British Final. Connor Bailey is developing and will contribute at home at reserve and Ben Cook was excellent last season if he can continue his development the Aces will be competitive. Not as immediately impressive as the Sheffield Tigers but can see them being ultra competitive again. 

12 hours ago, Col said:

Bewley can be immense at NSS, but his away performances were poor last year. If he can become more dominant at NSS & improve away, then he can put a substantial amount on his average.

Kurtz is what he is, can't see much improvement but solid home & away.  Lidsey worries me, can be great at NSS but offers little away, if he isn't gating he isn't scoring.  Cook should improve, as should Blodorn who had an awkward season in 2023.  Swapping between top 5 & reserve all year.

I didn't see Mountain at NSS in 2023 but he was decent & forceful the year before, Bailey can be super fast, should develop.

I don't think the Aces of 2024 are favourites for the title but I can't imagine they won't make the playoffs.

2 sensible, un dramatic posts for a change on this forum and bang on appraisals really.

The Aces just got mentioned on German tv. An actor in an interview showed his Belle Vue badge and said a friend of his rides for the club. Guess it is Blödorn

Seems he also participates in Flat track. Got a nice Triumph in the studio with him

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1