British Speedway Forum
Spidvej

Wolves last meeting at Monmore 23rd October

Anyone know the opposition team for the “We’ll meet again trophy” ?

Nothing on the Wolves website as yet, Thursday 19th October

1 hour ago, Spidvej said:

Anyone know the opposition team for the “We’ll meet again trophy” ?

Nothing on the Wolves website as yet, Thursday 19th October

Its a Wolves past team only mentioned Jacob Thorssell as riding at moment.

1 hour ago, Wolfie456 said:

Its a Wolves past team only mentioned Jacob Thorssell as riding at moment.

Thanks for that. 

I knew it was a Wolves past team, just surprised that, as it’s now Thursday afternoon, at least the names of most of the past team haven’t been released.

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Harris will prob guest for someone that once rode for Wolves 

For sure. I expect Harris will ride next Monday. 

A liitle note for non-Wolves fans, entry will only be via the production of a readmission ticket from any previous meeting this  season. CVS has said he has had many enquiries from fans who have never been to Monmore Greenand wish to so. However, as proved a few meetings ago there is a capacity limit to the stadium. Therefore in order to ensure that regular Wolves fans do not miss out from attending the meeting, the readmission ticket system has been put in place.

4 hours ago, Spidvej said:

Thanks for that. 

I knew it was a Wolves past team, just surprised that, as it’s now Thursday afternoon, at least the names of most of the past team haven’t been released.

It's a "wolves at heart" team or such like not past Wolves as such 

I'd guess at Harris, Nicholls (although he may replace Masters) Thorsell, Howarth, Kerr/Brennan  Kileen, Clegg 

55 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

A liitle note for non-Wolves fans, entry will only be via the production of a readmission ticket from any previous meeting this  season. CVS has said he has had many enquiries from fans who have never been to Monmore Greenand wish to so. However, as proved a few meetings ago there is a capacity limit to the stadium. Therefore in order to ensure that regular Wolves fans do not miss out from attending the meeting, the readmission ticket system has been put in place.

That’s not exactly true, and your post could put non Wolves fans off from travelling !

Wolves’ post on Facebook states the following :

From feedback we have received we have established an admission procedure for our final event.

Loyalty admission for fans with tickets from this season are able to gain access from 6.30pm.

General admission will commence from 7.00pm.

Fans can join the relevant queues on arrival.

We have taken on board feedback so this will enable all to celebrate our wonderful 95 year history.

Thank you for your support see you”

I tried to add a screenshot from Facebook, but the image is too large for this forum.

1 minute ago, topaz325 said:

Must be expecting a massive crowd.

I guess they are, although some may now think “Travel all that way and possibly not get in ? Don’t think I will bother” 

18 hours ago, Spidvej said:

That’s not exactly true, and your post could put non Wolves fans off from travelling !

Wolves’ post on Facebook states the following :

From feedback we have received we have established an admission procedure for our final event.

Loyalty admission for fans with tickets from this season are able to gain access from 6.30pm.

General admission will commence from 7.00pm.

Fans can join the relevant queues on arrival.

We have taken on board feedback so this will enable all to celebrate our wonderful 95 year history.

Thank you for your support see you”

I tried to add a screenshot from Facebook, but the image is too large for this forum.

That's an update from what was said on Monday and the previous week. As it says above, it is a change after receiving feedback. Thanks for posting.:)

I fear the weather might have a big say for Monday.  Damage may have been done already during yesterday's storms

On a personal note I would have love to have seen PK do the last ever laps at Monmore, like Mauger did  at Exeter PK has been  great servant to the club and the British league for decades  .

• Like 1

From Wolves website.
2023 PARRYS INTERNATIONAL WOLVES: Ryan Douglas, Luke Becker, Sam Masters, Steve Worrall, Rory Schlein, Zach Cook, Leon Flint.
WOLVES AT HEART: Richard Lawson, Tom Brennan, Chris Harris, Scott Nicholls, Jacob Thorssell, Kyle Howarth, Joe Thompson.