British Speedway Forum
Barrow Boy 2

Leicester Lions 2024

1 minute ago, 1 valve said:

Done so the rising star once signed recognises the contractual obligation he is under to the club who has chosen to take him on. That said, If the club releases the rising star, then the rider can sign for another club.

Does the Club pick the Rising Star that they want.? Does the rider have to go there.?

38 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Does the Club pick the Rising Star that they want.? Does the rider have to go there.?

Yes if the rising star is on the scheme.

The rider does not have to accept a rising star offer, but if he rejects it then they remove themselves from the scheme for the entire season.

40 minutes ago, blue witch said:

Why would D Thompson want to ride for Leicester anyway when you dropped him mid season. Looked good at Ipswich before he done his shoulder so glad he's back with us

Because there's a high liklihood that he'd score a hell of a lot more around the PMA than he would at foxhole. A few duck eggs at foxhole and confidence could easily be lost and a downward spiral be gotten into. 

35 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Done so the rising star once signed recognises the contractual obligation he is under to the club who has chosen to take him on. That said, If the club releases the rising star, then the rider can sign for another club.

Doesn't a riders contact generally last for 1 year and then they revert to their parent club. Of course a contact will probably have get out clauses if a rider is not performing up to muster. 

3 hours ago, FishersGate said:

1. Fricke 8.98

2. Lawson 6.4 ( with British reduction)

3. Masters 7.13

4. Becker 7.03

5. Douglas 7.14

6. Kemp 3.03 ( 25% reduction)

7. Thompson RS

39.71 I've got

I would say that’s a really strong line up,stronger than oxfords I’d say all the British track experience they all have and there all very consistent riders obviously if that’s the team if it is well done Leicester only slight weak link is Joe Thompson but I’m sure he will only be getting 3 rides home and away 

12 minutes ago, PTW said:

I would say that’s a really strong line up,stronger than oxfords I’d say all the British track experience they all have and there all very consistent riders obviously if that’s the team if it is well done Leicester only slight weak link is Joe Thompson but I’m sure he will only be getting 3 rides home and away 

Wouldn't Kemp be classed as a weak link at 6 opposed to RS? Will be a tough heat 7 and 11 at home and tough heat 6, 9 and 12 away. We all know meetings can be won or lost at reserve and I would say Leicester have the weakest duo here along with Sheffield. 

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Yes the club picks the rider they want to sign.
No, the rider doesn't have to sign for the club  unless he was there at the end of last season. 

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Because there's a high liklihood that he'd score a hell of a lot more around the PMA than he would at foxhole. A few duck eggs at foxhole and confidence could easily be lost and a downward spiral be gotten into. 

Doesn't a riders contact generally last for 1 year and then they revert to their parent club. Of course a contact will probably have get out clauses if a rider is not performing up to muster. 

The rising star concept is carried over year to year meaning the obligation remains for a rider to ride with the club he was riding for at the end of last season if he wishes to continue to ride as rising star. He can come off the list at any time, but would be required to ride on a true handicap in the main body or at 6. This latter aspect is likely to lessen the riders appeal to team managers.

Edited by 1 valve

1 hour ago, W9 Lion said:

Yes if the rising star is on the scheme.

The rider does not have to accept a rising star offer, but if he rejects it then they remove themselves from the scheme for the entire season.

Surely he can be arising Star at another Team if they want him though.Is that not the case ?

12 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Yes the club picks the rider they want to sign.
No, the rider doesn't have to sign for the club  unless he was there at the end of last season. 

I’d say Kemp will hold his own with the weaker number 6’s, Edwards, Bailey, Jenkins. Obviously not as good as Kerr and Wojdylo. Not sure who Birminghams will be, but J Thomp will be the weakest/2nd weakest along with Boughen of the number 7’s.

18 hours ago, iainb said:

I assume loan fees still get paid

Who knows but I very much doubt it.

unless a rider is under contract with a club legally he can’t be deemed an asset. Hence riders ride wherever they want regardless of which club claims them as an ‘asset’

The asset system is an in-house speedway thing if tested legally it would collapse.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Surely he can be arising Star at another Team if they want him though.Is that not the case ?

That is not the case.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

unless a rider is under contract with a club legally he can’t be deemed an asset. Hence riders ride wherever they want regardless of which club claims them as an ‘asset’

The asset system is an in-house speedway thing if tested legally it would collapse.

Loan fees are still paid.

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

When a rider "agreed" to become an asset of a club, he received a form of compensation/payment. The terms of this payment reach beyond a riding contract.

This approach does not restrict the rider from signing for whoever he likes. However, It does prevent a club from signing whoever they want if a fee is due to the asset owner.  

3 hours ago, 1 valve said:

I find it interesting there are rules to stop riders messing around clubs, but not rules to stop clubs messing around the riders!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1