British Speedway Forum
Barrow Boy 2

Leicester Lions 2024

4 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

The brief was for a contemporary, modern, fresh logo with a good balance between the text and image. Its looking forward to the future, rather than backwards to the past. The key was it had to appeal to a younger audiance.

I'm not overly keen, but I'm nearer 40 now so I'm no longer the younger audience!

My biggest gripe is the black and the very small Leicester. At least we're not rebranding, that never ends well.

Edited by 40-38

3 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

I've said it before but I think if either Thompson is to progress they needed to move away from Leicester, and it did Dan a lot of good last year, especially with the lack of pressure. Also given the chance to learn at the exhaust of Sayfudtdinov who would turn it down?

Yes good point, riding with top riders will always be beneficial to a young rider.

11 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Not sure that there is much money to be made from speedway merchandise. If the club is trying to use a new logo (still to ‘cartoony’ for me) to generate money however, they really do need to get their act together on advertising their product. To date, most of the merchandise available in the track shop has not been shown on the club website. The online shop has quite frankly been piss poor and embarrassing. Hardly a priority, but this would appear to require minimal effort to make this work.

What improvements would you like to see?

59 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

I'm not overly keen, but I'm nearer 40 now so I'm no longer the younger audience!

In Speedway audience terms... you're just a young babby! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, iainb said:

In Speedway audience terms... you're just a young babby! :D

If nearer 40 is a young baby then I'm still in the womb! 

51 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

If nearer 40 is a young baby then I'm still in the womb! 

Just a glint in your fathers eye :D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

What improvements would you like to see?

With regard to merchandise, just update the relevant section on the website to reflect what is available in the track shop. Pretty simple I would have thought.

On 12/4/2023 at 6:37 PM, Teromaafan said:

Anyone have any strong opinions on the new logo?

Like it!

Especially the white whiskers giving inclusivity to the older supporters

• Haha 2

Seems like Mr Lawson is at Leicester creating a mini track in the middle of the centre green great result for the youth development of the sport in a stadium that has great access, well done to all involved.Any chance can stay on a bit longer and do some further work on the main track…. Eye sight not what it used to be and some lights focused on the track and start line would be a massive bonus to me as well :)….

Richard Lawson's return is confirmed 6.57 (discounted to 6.41)

I like the new logo, better than the previous two.  The first logo when Leicester first returned was a bit too cartoonish, the second one I did not like the font at all.

21 minutes ago, justathought said:

408694556_7037422146373729_7088244274408358709_n.jpg

Such a wonderful idea. Seems like Paul cairns is motivated to get more kids into speedway. Heard he is also opening the track more often for practice. Bet his lad has signed for us