British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

12 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Really good signing he is on a average above 3.00 isn't he ?  

As a RS Flint's average doesn't matter. But finished on 4.00 last season.

Edited by szkocjasid

Lindgren hasn't ridden in Britain for years, why would he do so once Monmore closed?  Not sure he'd maintain a 9 3 average anyway.  But zi guess he's a #1.

Never rated Wiktor Lampart, was a very good 16 year old but hasn't really progressed in 5 years, easily bullied, tentative when in traffic. Too lightweight. 

Just now, Col said:

Lindgren hasn't ridden in Britain for years, why would he do so once Monmore closed?  Not sure he'd maintain a 9 3 average anyway.  But zi guess he's a #1.

Never rated Wiktor Lampart, was a very good 16 year old but hasn't really progressed in 5 years, easily bullied, tentative when in traffic. Too lightweight. 

The same reason that Woffinden has possibly, Lindgren not riding in Sweden seems to have led to suggestions he might be back here but I've seen nothing to suggest it

Lindgren spent last season (all of it) with Västervik in Elitserien. Didn't he? Think he may have missed the start of one league season (2022 perhaps) in his long career but finished that season missing only the opening 6 fixtures?

Lindgren was in his day nighe unbeatable around Monmore, with PB as home track, it's a risk.

Let's be honest... Brummies fans have suffered.  Avoiding the 2nd tier wooden spoon & completing their fixtures is an achievement.

The signings of Flint & Brennan are a solid start to team.building, have potential to improve and are two riders well known to average Brummies fan.  But the next announcement needs to be more exciting, Brummies have a #1 ... be that Laguta, Pawlicki or Lindgren.

8 hours ago, Col said:

Lindgren spent last season (all of it) with Västervik in Elitserien. Didn't he? Think he may have missed the start of one league season (2022 perhaps) in his long career but finished that season missing only the opening 6 fixtures?

Lindgren was in his day nighe unbeatable around Monmore, with PB as home track, it's a risk.

I believe he's not riding in Sweden this upcoming season 

On 11/28/2023 at 4:14 PM, Hackney said:

Harris is going to Birmingham you heard it here first.

Really ??? :D

Disappointed that Bomber has signed for Oxford! 

We must turn our attention to Lawson now!

Edited by GiveusaB

On 11/29/2023 at 11:47 PM, Col said:

Let's be honest... Brummies fans have suffered.  Avoiding the 2nd tier wooden spoon & completing their fixtures is an achievement.

The signings of Flint & Brennan are a solid start to team.building, have potential to improve and are two riders well known to average Brummies fan.  But the next announcement needs to be more exciting, Brummies have a #1 ... be that Laguta, Pawlicki or Lindgren.

AGREED!

However, I think it will most likely be Z.Cook!?

Zagars insta story the other day was telling for me. Going on about fairies with a picture on him at belle Vue. So wonder if he’s hinting at the UK deal talking through. If that’s the case then Birmingham have gone for both pawlickis in the team which should help Lampart settle in 

On 11/29/2023 at 11:07 PM, Col said:

I don't think Lundgren would reach a 9.3 average, but it would certainly be better to sign him than go with a 7 point number one.

21 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

What about Artem Laguta?

I'd love to see Laguta ride week in/out.....

Laguta and Lindgren would show that we mean business....

Please...please...please....No has-beens!

I can just see it now....Leicester sign Masters/Douglas/Becker....and we end up with Schlein/Worral/Flint and if we're lucky Z.Cook !:unsure:

Edited by GiveusaB

So if you amalgamate all the rumours on here it could be a side that looks something like

Pawlicki

Pawlicki

Lampart

Worrall

Brennan

Cook

Flint 

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

So if you amalgamate all the rumours on here it could be a side that looks something like

Pawlicki

Pawlicki

Lampart

Worrall

Brennan

Cook

Flint 

Hence my prediction for 7th place on the other thread

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Pawlicki

Pawlicki

Lampart

Worrall

Brennan

Cook

Flint 

Oh dear