British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

9 hours ago, kitten2502 said:

Having listened to the announcement interview between Ryan Guest & TM Sam I have serious concerns.......

I’m glad someone else has said that!! 
couldn’t agree more. 

everyone knows my feelings about Laurence Rogers but I fear we are in exactly the same position with Ermolenko. That interview was as dull and uninspiring as could be which, sums up my opinion of Ermolrnko. 

I’m sad to say that I am running out of patience with our club hiararchy. When all the other teams feature at least two world class stars, what do we get ? 
two second strings and a reserve plus Ermolenko. 
the fans are not daft, they can see the writing on the wall ( yet again), they want to see what we have at  the top end of the team , if  we are going to be competitive or, cannon fodder. 
The team was signed ages ago so, no excuse for dribbling things out like this. With directors who have been fans for decades, surely they understand what the fans want to hear so, why are they doing things so arse about face ? 

I’m concerned this is because deep down, they know the team isn’t good enough ( may be the best they can afford),  and are putting off the inevitable reaction ,

maybe it’s just that they haven’t got any idea about public relations snd how to sell the club to the fans. 

I have a pretty good idea who the remaining riders are and it’s looking highly unlikely that I will be attending next year ,  I was embarrassed snd humiliated enough last year.

we seem to be putting together a team capable of getting  to the payoffs snd competing for the title in the championship but, not remembering that we are  now in the top league. !!! 

Edited by the hobbit

I'd be worried too if I was a Brummies fan.

Reluctant to let the fans know the full 1-7 usually means that it's a poor side and the club are trying to shift as many season tickets as possible first before delivering the bad news.

If you've got big name riders like a Lindgren for example then surely you'd want to announce them ASAP because it would help season ticket sales, No logic in holding big name signings back (If you've got one or two) Look at other clubs in the league who announced big names at a rapid pace to help with season ticket sales.

PhilTheAce has been spot on this winter and if he say's Lampart is 100% in then that's another 5.00 pointer and everybody is certain on Z. Cook (Another 5.00 pointer) so Brum don't have a HL when it comes to the three announced and the two heavily rumoured riders.

Brummies management really should've announced the full 1-7 on Friday, No excuse not to imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the hobbit said:

I’m glad someone else has said that!! 
couldn’t agree more. 

everyone knows my feelings about Laurence Rogers but I fear we are in exactly the same position with Ermolenko. That interview was as dull and uninspiring as could be which, sums up my opinion of Ermolrnko. 

I’m sad to say that I am running out of patience with our club hiararchy. When all the other teams feature at least two world class stars, what do we get ? 
two second strings and a reserve plus Ermolenko. 
the fans are not daft, they can see the writing on the wall ( yet again), they want to see what Ed have at  the top end of the team , if  we are going to be competitive or, cannon fodder. 
The team was signed ages ago so, no excuse for dribbling things out like this. With directors who have been fans for decades, surely they understand what the fans want to hear so, why are they doing things so arse about face ? 

I’m concerned that it is because deep down, they know the team isn’t good enough ( may be the best they can afford),  and are putting off the inevitable reaction ,

maybe it’s just that they haven’t got any idea about public relations snd how to sell the club to the fans. 

I have a pretty good idea who the remaining riders are and it’s looking highly unlikely that I will be attending next year , was embarrassed snd humiliated enough last year.

we seem to be putting together a team capable of getting  to the payoffs snd competing for the title in the championship but, not remembering that we are  now in the top league. !!! 

Who do u think the 2 remaining  riders are then..????.

17 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

I will let the club make the announcements then I will let you know if I was anywhere near  

Look to Poland ….. 

Doesn't really narrow it down as pretty much all riders have a club in Poland. I hope they pull a couple of good riders out of nowhere but Sam E didn't sound that positive

I know Laurence reads what's on here not so sure about Nigel, so far Brum have announced 2 inexperienced Team Managers, a good RS a good young improving British rider Brennan, and a steady 2nd string come 3rd heat leader in Worrall with probably Zach Cook (reserve) to come, now lets be honest so far that's a half decent Championship Team, but the crunch will be who the 3 other riders are, I suggest Laurence and Nigel take a look at the 2024 predictions topic, granted we don't yet know the full Birmingham Team but no-one I repeat no-one has predicted anything other than the wooden spoon for Birmingham, can SE and Co prove them all wrong ?, assuming Zach is the 4th rider that leaves Birmingham with 22.59 for three riders, if and I say if it's Zagar he is in on a 7.20 that leaves 15.39 for 2 riders, It will take more than Pawlicki  (7.32) and Zagar to make Brum competitive.

5 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Doesn't really narrow it down as pretty much all riders have a club in Poland. I hope they pull a couple of good riders out of nowhere but Sam E didn't sound that positive

Need a couple  of big hitters to have any chance next year...

Wonder if Birmingham could sign a top top rider on a short term deal to start the season with? They’ve got previous with Adam Ellis, reading the thoughts of most on here they have the same riders and the team looks weak hopefully they can pull a rabbit out of the hat though.

10 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Wonder if Birmingham could sign a top top rider on a short term deal to start the season with? They’ve got previous with Adam Ellis, reading the thoughts of most on here they have the same riders and the team looks weak hopefully they can pull a rabbit out of the hat though.

There are riders out there but they dont come cheap ...wait and see i suppose..

2 hours ago, heathen52 said:

, I suggest Laurence and Nigel take a look at the 2024 predictions topic,

I suspect that Mr Rogers has other things on his mind at the moment...according to a recent Facebook post.

Screenshot 2023-12-08 213530.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

I suspect that Mr Rogers has other things on his mind at the moment...according to a recent Facebook post.

Screenshot 2023-12-08 213530.png

He looks a little like president Biden...:rolleyes:

Seems like Brum need to get Creative

Is Lindback not on a stupid average from his time at Poole was it in 2016? Would almost start at reserve and is an exciting rider to watch

He's riding in Sweden in 2024 i believe

Jacob Thorsell and Zagar sound like possibilities for 1 and 5 but would be a weak pairing on paper 

Whats Kenneth Bjerre doing these days?

Would Janusz Kołodziej  and Jarek Hampel have "old" averages that they could bring forward, or would they have new assessed averages?

Its starting to sound like Billy Smarts with all these has beens being banded about?

Lets see who SAM recruits??? LOL

Afterall, thats wot a team manager does...right?

• Like 1

Given the amount of money that Tolley has been happy to burn, affording the riders won't be a concern, it's convincing a top rider that Birmingham is a place to be to be competitive in every meeting and in with a shout of a title