British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

2 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

h all these has beens being banded about

Please define "has beens".

If you check out last years Polish League averages you'll see that Janusz Kołodziej was 3rd in the averages, and Jarek Hampel out-performed the likes of Robert Lambert who you said would be an awesome signing, let alone Maciej Janowski and Patryk Dudek, who despite his unavailability, has no end of admirers here.

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/pge-ekstraliga/statystyki

• Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 9:10 AM, the hobbit said:

I’m glad someone else has said that!! 
couldn’t agree more. 

everyone knows my feelings about Laurence Rogers but I fear we are in exactly the same position with Ermolenko. That interview was as dull and uninspiring as could be which, sums up my opinion of Ermolrnko. 

I’m sad to say that I am running out of patience with our club hiararchy. When all the other teams feature at least two world class stars, what do we get ? 
two second strings and a reserve plus Ermolenko. 
the fans are not daft, they can see the writing on the wall ( yet again), they want to see what we have at  the top end of the team , if  we are going to be competitive or, cannon fodder. 
The team was signed ages ago so, no excuse for dribbling things out like this. With directors who have been fans for decades, surely they understand what the fans want to hear so, why are they doing things so arse about face ? 

I’m concerned this is because deep down, they know the team isn’t good enough ( may be the best they can afford),  and are putting off the inevitable reaction ,

maybe it’s just that they haven’t got any idea about public relations snd how to sell the club to the fans. 

I have a pretty good idea who the remaining riders are and it’s looking highly unlikely that I will be attending next year ,  I was embarrassed snd humiliated enough last year.

we seem to be putting together a team capable of getting  to the payoffs snd competing for the title in the championship but, not remembering that we are  now in the top league. !!! 

Just having a discussion here... as I usually agree with most of your observations?

However, I disagree with the negative feedback about Sam's interview.

Sam is a realist and a born winner....

IF and I know it may be a big IF? 

If Sam has any say in the final 4 signings....then I'm confident that we'll have a side that's competitive...that doesn't mean we're going to be unbeatable at home etc....

But, a team that will give their all and take the meeting down to the wire!

I started to get deflated by all the doom and gloom rumours etc....but having watched Sam's interview, I feel a renewed optimism!

4 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Just having a discussion here... as I usually agree with most of your observations?

However, I disagree with the negative feedback about Sam's interview.

Sam is a realist and a born winner....

IF and I know it may be a big IF? 

If Sam has any say in the final 4 signings....then I'm confident that we'll have a side that's competitive...that doesn't mean we're going to be unbeatable at home etc....

But, a team that will give their all and take the meeting down to the wire!

I started to get deflated by all the doom and gloom rumours etc....but having watched Sam's interview, I feel a renewed optimism!

I don’t know how you get any optimism from that interview….. he clearly stated he was going to be making it up snd learning as he went along. He has no ooomph about him. Dull as dishwater. Did you listen to the Worrall into? Steve clearly stated … Sam is from a different era when speedway was totally different, if he thinks he’s going to tell me how to set my bike up, that’s not going to work. 

%
  • Like 1

The team has been signed for ages now, just not released to the fans yet. 
i don’t know if Sam  had any input on the team but I do know who did have a big say  and that name was neither Sam or, Laurence. Sam may have been involved but to what level, I don’t know. 

the last four riders in my opinion will be the two Pawlicki brothers, Viktor lamoart and Zac cook 

Zagar or Jan  Kvech could replace one of the pawlicki brothers 

44 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

I don’t know how you get any optimism from that interview….. he clearly stated he was going to be making it up snd learning as he went along. He has no ooomph about him. Dull as dishwater. Did you listen to the Worrall into? Steve clearly stated … Sam is from a different era when speedway was totally different, if he thinks he’s going to tell me how to set my bike up, that’s not going to work. 

%

May be not...but He can certainly tell him how to ride it ! :D

Worrall will do well from listening and taking note from what Sam has to say....

52 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

%

Peter Adams, one of the most successful team managers ever. I doubt that he told his riders how to set their bikes up. (And no, I am NOT saying Ermolenko will be as good as Adams) 

24 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Peter Adams, one of the most successful team managers ever. I doubt that he told his riders how to set their bikes up. (And no, I am NOT saying Ermolenko will be as good as Adams) 

Good point! :t:

The suspicion I'm having, is of the BSPL  allowing Birmingham into the PL only as an "extra" and with a high risk of the club not being able to complete the season taken fully into account. It was therefore essential to have a solid core of 6 clubs, all of them with stability and a good chance of not just completing the 2024 season, but 2025 as well. 

If the Brummies do complete season 2024 then it will be a "bonus" - if they can return for 2025 that will be beyond a bonus! So I very much doubt there will be any collective "bailing out" done by the other 6/BSPL if things go wrong at any stage. Survival of the 6 will be uppermost. There were two lame ducks in the 2023 league and the management committee couldnt allow that possibility to repeat in 2024. The performance of Kings Lynn will be of more importance to them,   than that of Birmingham. Can just keep fingers crossed it works out ok for Brummies. But I doubt if Ermolenko will be effective or even competent - maybe young Adams will be.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Big Al said:

The suspicion I'm having, is of the BSPL  allowing Birmingham into the PL only as an "extra" and with a high risk of the club not being able to complete the season taken fully into account. It was therefore essential to have a solid core of 6 clubs, all of them with stability and a good chance of not just completing the 2024 season, but 2025 as well. 

If the Brummies do complete season 2024 then it will be a "bonus" - if they can return for 2025 that will be beyond a bonus! So I very much doubt there will be any collective "bailing out" done by the other 6/BSPL if things go wrong at any stage. Survival of the 6 will be uppermost. There were two lame ducks in the 2023 league and the management committee couldnt allow that possibility to repeat in 2024. The performance of Kings Lynn will be of more importance to them,   than that of Birmingham. Can just keep fingers crossed it works out ok for Brummies. But I doubt if Ermolenko will be effective or even competent - maybe young Adams will be.

I'm sure he'll get right down to it - 'straightaway'!;)

13 hours ago, heathen52 said:

I would go all out to sign Artem Laguta as No1, then take it from there.

Me too, he demonstrated such a commitment to racing British speedway last season, tbh if I was Chris Louis I’d have chopped Emil in for him!! 

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Me too, he demonstrated such a commitment to racing British speedway last season, tbh if I was Chris Louis I’d have chopped Emil in for him!! 

Maybe you're being a bit too harsh on him. Probably his Poland club were exercising a lot of control, and stepping into a new situation partway through a season isn't ideal. If he's available from the start and without strings being attached and pulled he'd be a cracking signing

• Like 1

Wasn't Sam the team manager of the Reading Bulldogs? If so he will have some experence as a team manager, but I doubt that  his services will come cheap!

46 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Maybe you're being a bit too harsh on him. Probably his Poland club were exercising a lot of control, and stepping into a new situation partway through a season isn't ideal. If he's available from the start and without strings being attached and pulled he'd be a cracking signing

He didn’t come over for a meeting due a supposed ankle injury meaning they got a facility for him, and then posted an instagram story of himself out for a trail run the next morning - he just didn’t fancy whatever right technical track he was supposed to be racing on that week.

don’t sign a contract over here if your polish club aren’t on board either tbh, it’s unprofessional to sign a contract and then pick and choose when you come whether that’s you or the polish team dictating.