British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

Well, if Pawliki and Milik are as entertaining as a fair few BSF posters have been saying, then it should bring a few neutrals through the gate and that's wot the Club needs, because the regular are decreasing due to age etc.... I can't see this team winning, but if I'm entertained, I'll be happy and a win will be a bonus! 

7 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Well, if Pawliki and Milik are as entertaining as a fair few BSF posters have been saying, then it should bring a few neutrals through the gate and that's wot the Club needs, because the regular are decreasing due to age etc.... I can't see this team winning, but if I'm entertained, I'll be happy and a win will be a bonus! 

Tolley says brum have potential...potential for what though...To finish bottom ..

23 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Tolley says brum have potential...potential for what though...To finish bottom ..

What do you want him to say? "We're not very good, don't bother coming"? He's got to try and be positive regardless.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

He is hardly likely to say anything else, can’t say we have put together a poor team. 

little bit like Ipswich in the early 90s signed plenty of poles/czechs & even a Austrian all had potential sadly none achieved it. 

As for your team I would happily have had Brennan at Foxhall, Worrell is ok the Poles I think will surprise a few. I’ll be honest Milik does worry me. I think your probably destined for the wooden spoon but I don’t think you’ll be whipping boys.

48 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

What do you want him to say? "We're not very good, don't bother coming"? He's got to try and be positive regardless.

True...

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 5:05 PM, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Tolley also thinks Ermolenko will make a good TM

It doesn’t exactly inspire anyone with confidence does it.

They will struggle, it’s an awful team led by a clueless manager. Zach Cook is the exception I actually rate him.

23 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

They will struggle, it’s an awful team led by a clueless manager. Zach Cook is the exception I actually rate him.

Ermo does lake experience but C.Adams will get pointers off P.Adams ...Z.Cook will be fine at number  6..

23 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

L.Flint should  do better  this season..Couldnt ride M.G .Beter on bigger  tracks ..

16 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Ermo does lake experience but C.Adams will get pointers off P.Adams ...Z.Cook will be fine at number  6..

Think its pretty obvious that signing Sam was/is a publicity stunt, simply because of his Wolves attachment!?

It doesn't appear that he's had any input/say in the make-up of the team?

Sam will be used more for PR than tactical nouse, one would think/expect?

16 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

L.Flint should  do better  this season..Couldnt ride M.G .Beter on bigger  tracks ..

I haven't seen much of Leon since he left Brum, but the times I have seen him, I think there's something missing in his 'style/versatility'? 

Can't put my finger on it....but he hasn't got what Tom Brennan has got....or Hagon/Boughen (IMO)

On 1/28/2024 at 4:17 PM, bigcatdiary said:

Most probably 'clueless' about any of the signings ! ? :D

17 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I haven't seen much of Leon since he left Brum, but the times I have seen him, I think there's something missing in his 'style/versatility'? 

Can't put my finger on it....but he hasn't got what Tom Brennan has got....or Hagon/Boughen (IMO)

Flint needs to push on now ...will do better  at Brum ..

51 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Flint needs to push on now ...will do better  at Brum ..

I think the track will suit him better...less technical !

I think him and Cook will most likely improve their averages....Cook flies at PB and isnt afraid to use the dirt, of which their looks to be a new shed load going down!?

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

I think the track will suit him better...less technical !

I think him and Cook will most likely improve their averages....Cook flies at PB and isnt afraid to use the dirt, of which their looks to be a new shed load going down!?

Wait until the real first dry month and see who moans about dust.

The best thing Sam Ermolenko can do is to get all the riders together before the season starts, put up a big screen and then go through all the posts re the Brummies on this Forum. 

If that doesn't give each one of them motivation to do well then I can't think of anything else that will. If Sam can instill a real sense of team spirit amongst them and a willingness to prove the doubters wrong then they may surprise a few people.

I wish them well.