British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I think that there will only be 3 riders that maintain/improve(slightly) their average at B'ham this season?

Cook/Brennan/Flint.

Yeah ..thats about right...cant seeing them doing much with that current team ...

8 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

But that wont get people  through  the turnstiles...

It might do...if some of the local population see Milik and think that it's Malik spelt wrongly... :D

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, mikebv said:

Both Pawlicki and Milik are riding one position up from where ideally they should be..

And there isn't a "natural No 3" behind them..

And Brum will know this...

But at least they come to the tapes, and, hopefully will still be doing so when the season ends..

Edit. They remind a bit of when the Aces had Stead at No1, you knew where the team would end up, but at least there was a track to visit...

Once they start  losing  at home the fans will start to drop off...

20 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

It might do...if some of the local population see Milik and think that it's Malik spelt wrongly... :D

Lmao!

12 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

It depends by how much we/they lose by?

3 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Which would be a crying shame given the money the promoter has put in, and the lack of any real kudos in winning the league anyway...

Lets hope the novelty of having the likes of Tai, Emil, Dan et al, will keep the Brum fans turning up in sufficient numbers to keep the finances on a reasonably even keel...

6 hours ago, uk_martin said:

... and rename the club Birmingham Baltis ;)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, iainb said:

... and rename the club Birmingham Baltis ;)

With Raita Eide as Captain..

11 hours ago, mikebv said:

Which would be a crying shame given the money the promoter has put in, and the lack of any real kudos in winning the league anyway...

Lets hope the novelty of having the likes of Tai, Emil, Dan et al, will keep the Brum fans turning up in sufficient numbers to keep the finances on a reasonably even keel...

A winning home team is a must surely..

37 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

A winning home team is a must surely..

We've had this debate before?

Winning isn't essential for me....

I'd rather lose 44-46 and see close/exciting racing, than win by 20 points or more....(with races being won FTG)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I'd rather lose 44-46 and see close/exciting racing, than win by 20 points or more....(with races being won FTG)

That's fine for you but I don't think many Poole, Belle Vue, Glasgow fans etc will be happy seeing there team lose every week. You should have seen how much the crowds dropped at leicester when we got battered every week..soon as we started winning again crowds slowly rised.

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

It’s not the 20 point home wins you need to worry about ( we wish!!! ), it’s the 20+ home defeats each week that are more likely to be our concern. 

3 hours ago, FishersGate said:

That's fine for you but I don't think many Poole, Belle Vue, Glasgow fans etc will be happy seeing there team lose every week. You should have seen how much the crowds dropped at leicester when we got battered every week..soon as we started winning again crowds slowly rised.

Exactly...