British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

For me Flint and Worrall were the let downs for Birmingham last night. 

But on Monday Leon did very well, though I take your point. Having a bike that can actually manage four laps wouldn't be a bad start.

• Like 1

Leon had a night to forget .. puncture before his first ride , two chain breaks on the line then a fall ..... all part of the joys of speedway ! Steve had paid 6 from 3 rides but then fell in the same spot that had caught several riders out inc Emil ! 

Be interesting to see how they shuffle the rider order next month with Scotty dropping to reserve.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Be interesting to see how they shuffle the rider order next month with Scotty dropping to reserve.

Scotty will not be in the team after Monday. 
Pawlicki will be at one, milik will be at five. Rest unchanged 

on Monday, lampart at two, cook at three, Brennan at four  Worrall at 5 

cook should be back at reserve as from kings Lynn on thursday

Edited by the hobbit

Pawlicki had his first meeting back today in gorzow, scoring 10 and making the final where he finished 3rd 

11 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

I don't understand why Scott drops to reserve when he has the highest average, after following speedway for 55 years, the rules have finally beaten me.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Halifordukesfan said:

I don't understand why Scott drops to reserve when he has the highest average, after following speedway for 55 years, the rules have finally beaten me.

Because in the latest set of averages, he is the lowest average of the top six!!!

no idea what figures you are looking at. 

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/p24_issue_4.pdf

you need to look at columb C ( highlighted in green), , effective from 1st April 

Edited by the hobbit

1 hour ago, Halifordukesfan said:

Nicholls was signed on his 2023 converted Champ average.

Now he's ridden in the Prem, they are using his rolling ave, which mostly counts of his 2022 matches for Peterborough (where he struggled).

Couldn't be simpler!

Best chance Birmingham will have of getting a win. Just need to make sure Nicholls gets 6/7 rides.

On 3/30/2024 at 10:19 AM, Teromaafan said:

Sounds like a master stroke and  how to use him the best way & get their first home win !!

If I was Birmingham, I'd beg Nicholls to stay, even if it's only for another match or two till the TV schedule starts.

3 hours ago, Petecc said:

Sounds like a master stroke and  how to use him the best way & get their first home win !!

Hardly a master stroke because if Scotty has seven rides it highlights the weakness in the team’s top five.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Hardly a master stroke because if Scotty has seven rides it highlights the weakness in the team’s top five.

Not really, it's a quirk of the averages that places Nicholls at reserve, normally a potential double figure scorer wouldn't be down there. The fact he's dropped down while riding superbly for the Brummies, should be a team managers dream.