British Speedway Forum
StarBoy

2024 Premiership Predictions

On 2/19/2024 at 9:33 PM, hyderd said:

Jack Holder should outshine Doyley as the Aussies new number 1

Not here he won’t. Not yet anyway. 

This signing of Robert Lambert narrative needs to stop. The reason that BV were crowned champions is not the fact that Robert was brought in for the final. The real reason is that Sheffield threw it away. They had their chances but wasted them, pure and simple.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 9:17 AM, Wolfie456 said:

No just sign Lambert for play offs.

Yep only Lambert as a like for like replacement, not a premier league select like what won last season :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, one of clubs said:

This signing of Robert Lambert narrative needs to stop. The reason that BV were crowned champions is not the fact that Robert was brought in for the final. The real reason is that Sheffield threw it away. They had their chances but wasted them, pure and simple.

What seems to have been forgot is Jack Holder scored 2 points in the first leg if he had managed 4 or 5 which he should have Sheffield would have won despite Lambert.

Edited by bellevueace

40 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

What seems to have been forgot is Jack Holder scored 2 points in the first leg if he had managed 4 or 5 which he should have Sheffield would have won despite Lambert.

2?? This was only two seasons ago. Has Doyle ever scored 2 anywhere let alone a play off final? That’s why I always laugh at those predicting Holder will overtake Doyle here in the UK anytime soon. The Peterborough lad predicted Bewley would average more than Doyle last year and even bet money on it before he was left with egg on his face. I mean it’s gonna happen in time, there’s a big gap in ages, but some people seem desperate to see Doyle’s demise for some reason and it just ain’t happening anytime soon. I’ll take another bet with anyone that Doyle will finish top of the Aussie averages this coming season here in the UK. Any takers?

• Like 2

Doyle has made Foxhall his fortress. He drops very few points here and when he does, you can see his anger at dropping those points. Think he had the best home average comfortably in the league last year. He’ll again hit many home maximums. 

10 minutes ago, Aries said:

some people seem desperate to see Doyle’s demise for some reason 

Yeh not so long ago, even so called supporter’s of his own club predicted his demise.

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

. Think he had the best home average comfortably in the league last year. He’ll again hit many home maximums. 

Comfortably, with Emil 2nd and Jack Holder 3rd [all 2023 official fixtures]

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Toady said:

Yeh not so long ago, even so called supporter’s of his own club predicted his demise.

Which club was that?

Haven’t enjoyed a rider at Foxhall more than Doyle since Sigalos way back in the early 80’s. So dominant around here and you can just tell he’s giving 100% in every single race whether he makes the gate or not. Hates losing here and I love to see it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Which club was that?

I refer to an answer I gave on another thread to someone (who failed to respond)a little while back.

Pretty easy ... Ipswich and Sheff are  miles above everyone . Then you have a group of 4 Belle Vue ,Oxford .KL and Leics who will fight for the other two play offs sports .. Then you Brum who will  come bottom and lucky to last the season .

17 minutes ago, orion said:

Pretty easy ... Ipswich and Sheff are  miles above everyone . Then you have a group of 4 Belle Vue ,Oxford .KL and Leics who will fight for the other two play offs sports .. Then you Brum who will  come bottom and lucky to last the season .

Your not far away there.Brum will need to change there line-up  down the line..Pawlicki is a good rider but Malik isnt good enough  at number  5.

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Your not far away there.Brum will need to change there line-up  down the line..Pawlicki is a good rider but Malik isnt good enough  at number  5.

An Asian rider at Perry Barr then :D

5 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

An Asian rider at Perry Barr then :D

So Patricia Erhart I guess?

Of course King's Lynn already have an Asian rider.