British Speedway Forum

Welcome Redcar to the 3rd tier for the first time I believe?

Let's use this page for predictions / comments etc.

I'll start with an attempted "sensible" team prediction

Redcar  
Luke Harrison 6.86
Freddie Hodder 6.44
Ben Trigger 6.34
Archie Freeman 5.29
Joe Alcock 4.36
Luke Crang 3.61
Kyran Lyden 3.00
Total 35.90

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Welcome Redcar to the 3rd tier for the first time I believe?

Let's use this page for predictions / comments etc.

Not the 1st time I'm sure around 08 they were in 3rd tier.

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'll start with an attempted "sensible" team prediction

Redcar  
Luke Harrison 6.86
Freddie Hodder 6.44
Ben Trigger 6.34
Archie Freeman 5.29
Joe Alcock 4.36
Luke Crang 3.61
Kyran Lyden 3.00
Total 35.90

Mulford 8.21

Freeman 5.29

Trigger 6.34

Kelly 4.41 

Josh warren 4.93 

Crang 3.61

Lyden 3.00

1. Connor Coles

2. Josh Embleton

3. Danny Phillips

4. Luke Crang

5. Jake Mulford

6. Josh Warren

7. Kyran Lyden

29 minutes ago, Redtruck said:

Mulford 8.21

Freeman 5.29

Trigger 6.34

Kelly 4.41 

Josh warren 4.93 

Crang 3.61

Lyden 3.00

Warren a shoe in and bargain on that average in a weakened league, not sure Mulford would want to lower himself to NDL but might get told to. Crang on 3.61 is an embarrassment and should accept that its time to step away from Speedway, he's clearly better than that so the issues/effort runs deeper.

6 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Warren a shoe in and bargain on that average in a weakened league, not sure Mulford would want to lower himself to NDL but might get told to. Crang on 3.61 is an embarrassment and should accept that its time to step away from Speedway, he's clearly better than that so the issues/effort runs deeper.

Just thought with mulford looking like he’s not got a prem RS position extra meetings with possible home track for ndl and champ could help 

5 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Luke had issues with his engines all year, he got sorted for last meetings had 1 at no1 for berwick and 1 at no7 for Workington and rode how he knows he can.

As Plymouth are saying Trigger has signed for the Bears it must be assumed he will also be in the NDL side ( the Cubs ? ) with possibly Mulford if he’s a Bear and not in a Premiership spot.

so…

Club assets are Freeman and Goldsbrough so pencil those in.

Local riders are Phillips, Crang ,Kelly, , Lyden ,Rathbone, Embleton and Davidson. Could also add Bullets riders like Watson , Blair , Halder etc.

so perm seven from that list. I have no idea about avareges so….

Id say…

Mulford, Phillips Trigger, Freeman, Kelly, Lyden, with Goldsbrough or Davidson 

12 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

As Plymouth are saying Trigger has signed for the Bears it must be assumed he will also be in the NDL side ( the Cubs ? ) with possibly Mulford if he’s a Bear and not in a Premiership spot.

so…

Club assets are Freeman and Goldsbrough so pencil those in.

Local riders are Phillips, Crang ,Kelly, , Lyden ,Rathbone, Embleton and Davidson. Could also add Bullets riders like Watson , Blair , Halder etc.

so perm seven from that list. I have no idea about avareges so….

Id say…

Mulford, Phillips Trigger, Freeman, Kelly, Lyden, with Goldsbrough or Davidson 

As I know that you are well informed your probably not far out but If it’s truly a ‘ development’ league now perhaps it will follow the Polish model and become an Under 24 style league which may rule out the likes of  Crang and Phillips, although that might be a little harsh and as it’s a new beginning probably not required.

Personally I’d keep them in as their experience would be invaluable for some of those untried newbies.

26 minutes ago, mc131 said:

Luke had issues with his engines all year, he got sorted for last meetings had 1 at no1 for berwick and 1 at no7 for Workington and rode how he knows he can.

With respect to Luke he's been around long enough to have sorted engine issues before the end of the season, im not saying he wanted them but his issues were a big factor in Workington finishing lower than many predicted.

A combo of any of the above all looks likely except for Davidson, you don't get the nickname Ed F'ell without being a wobbler (well meaning yes but still a wobbler)

1 minute ago, Sings4Speedway said:

With respect to Luke he's been around long enough to have sorted engine issues before the end of the season, im not saying he wanted them but his issues were a big factor in Workington finishing lower than many predicted.

A combo of any of the above all looks likely except for Davidson, you don't get the nickname Ed F'ell without being a wobbler (well meaning yes but still a wobbler)

Paid seven on his debut for Belle Vue says he isn’t a ‘ Wobbler ‘.

9 minutes ago, KK62 said:

As I know that you are well informed your probably not far out but If it’s truly a ‘ development’ league now perhaps it will follow the Polish model and become an Under 24 style league which may rule out the likes of  Crang and Phillips, although that might be a little harsh and as it’s a new beginning probably not required.

Personally I’d keep them in as their experience would be invaluable for some of those untried newbies.

I thought you were even more informed as you would be running it ?

6 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Paid seven on his debut for Belle Vue says he isn’t a ‘ Wobbler ‘.

Im all for encouragement but im also a realist. % points from 5 rides is a decent return and he did beat Senna Summers which is very credible. The other points were gifts or against a returning from injury Freeman (who couldn't beat an egg that night). Either way it rules Ed out of the Redcar side as he is destined to be at Belle Vue in '24.

3 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Im all for encouragement but im also a realist. % points from 5 rides is a decent return and he did beat Senna Summers which is very credible. The other points were gifts or against a returning from injury Freeman (who couldn't beat an egg that night). Either way it rules Ed out of the Redcar side as he is destined to be at Belle Vue in '24.

So Belle Vue have seen enough to think your ‘Wobbler’ is worth a team place .

The old adage of ‘ if you ain’t falling, you ain’t trying ‘ comes to mind.