British Speedway Forum

29 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

So YOU dont believe it when it comes from the horses mouth ?…..Wow.

I didn't believe it at first considering how many young riders 'announced their retirement' over Facebook on 1st April... I assume in Archie's case it's true though as he hasn't said April fools yet...

• Like 2

Jake Mulford replaces Archie Freeman, with Elliot Kelly kicked out to make the averages fit.    Middlesbrough needing another 3.00 rider now.

3 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Jake Mulford replaces Archie Freeman, with Elliot Kelly kicked out to make the averages fit.    Middlesbrough needing another 3.00 rider now.

If you actually read the press release, Elliot is too busy running his new car business for speedway at present and it’s by mutual agreement that he steps down.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KK62 said:

If you actually read the press release, Elliot is too busy running his new car business for speedway at present and it’s by mutual agreement that he steps down.

Reading the press release and believing the press release are very different things.... 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Reading the press release and believing the press release are very different things.... 

So do you believe Mulford has signed for Middlesbrough???

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/2/2024 at 8:40 PM, Fortythirtyeight said:

So YOU dont believe it when it comes from the horses mouth ?…..Wow.

Sorry to upset you, I'd not seen it anywhere official like the redcar website which you'd of thought would announce it straight away seeing as it affects them. Tbh archie never really got going.

On 4/2/2024 at 3:41 PM, ONTWOMINUTES said:

Maybe Archie's dad or faithful mentor Dave could confirm as it seems very last minute if it is the case. 

It is confirmed and yes an unfortunate late decision for Redcar. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, 1Tsunami said:

It is confirmed and yes an unfortunate late decision for Redcar. 

Really strengthens Middlesbrough imo, plus should help their Redcar with Mulford getting extra races.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Really strengthens Middlesbrough imo, plus should help their Redcar with Mulford getting extra races.

Yes. I am vey puzzled by Mulford. I used to see him riding for Belle Vue Colts regularly when I used to take Archie down and he was tremendous right from his first meeting. I thought he was going to be the next superstar. I speculated that he would be out of the reserve berth and straight into the team at Redcar last year, but he really struggled and stayed in the reserve berth and had a very low average. On song he is powerful and fast and could be a top rider, but he doesn't look like making it big time. It is a shame as he has got what it takes.

Edited by 1Tsunami

8 minutes ago, 1Tsunami said:

Yes. I am vey puzzled by Mulford. I used to see him riding for Belle Vue Colts regularly when I used to take Archie down and he was tremendous right from his first meeting. I thought he was going to be the next superstar. I speculated that he would be out of the reserve berth and straight into the team at Redcar last year, but he really struggled and stayed in the reserve berth and had a very low average. On song he is powerful and fast and could be a top rider, but he doest look like making it big time. It is a shame as he has got what it takes.

He's not really had a long injury free run, perhaps that's been holding him back? At the same time, you can't expect never to get injured racing Speedway. So riders have got to learn to overcome that to make their way in the sport.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 1Tsunami said:

Yes. I am vey puzzled by Mulford. I used to see him riding for Belle Vue Colts regularly when I used to take Archie down and he was tremendous right from his first meeting. I thought he was going to be the next superstar. I speculated that he would be out of the reserve berth and straight into the team at Redcar last year, but he really struggled and stayed in the reserve berth and had a very low average. On song he is powerful and fast and could be a top rider, but he doest look like making it big time. It is a shame as he has got what it takes.

its the old story isn't it Dave, how many can we name whose star shone brightly but briefly. I wish him well not least because the Bears are inconsistent as hell

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 1Tsunami said:

Yes. I am vey puzzled by Mulford. I used to see him riding for Belle Vue Colts regularly when I used to take Archie down and he was tremendous right from his first meeting. I thought he was going to be the next superstar. I speculated that he would be out of the reserve berth and straight into the team at Redcar last year, but he really struggled and stayed in the reserve berth and had a very low average. On song he is powerful and fast and could be a top rider, but he doesn't look like making it big time. It is a shame as he has got what it takes.

His gating was poor v the higher level rider when I watched him...

However, whilst behind, his speed was very much on a par with the higher standard in front of him and, only very rarely did he get cut adrift from the rider in third, and often, by the end of the race, would have closed down the distance he had given away before bend 3 on the first lap..

When in front, he had some real speed and control of the bike at that speed..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

Was Archie who Newcastle ridiculously put into there CL team a couple of seasons back when he was nowhere near ready? 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Was Archie who Newcastle ridiculously put into there CL team a couple of seasons back when he was nowhere near ready? 

Yes it was.

Edited by mc131