British Speedway Forum
szkocjasid

Edinburgh Monarchs Academy 2024

11 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Think Coles and mcgurk will be the one and five. Parker will probably parter Lyden at reserve. Gutted mickie isn’t back but makes sense for him to move there less travelling.

If Coles and McGurk are the top two, and Parker partners Lyden at reserve, with Wood also in the middle order, who do you think will be the remaining 2 riders to take up the 11.63 which is left?

9 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

If Coles and McGurk are the top two, and Parker partners Lyden at reserve, with Wood also in the middle order, who do you think will be the remaining 2 riders to take up the 11.63 which is left?

Max Perry and Mason Watson would fit?

10 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

1 hour ago, MillenTheVillen said:

Max Perry and Mason Watson would fit?

Doesn't fit with Dayle Wood in the side.

I couldn't think of obvious "second strings" so thought Perry and another "reserve" could be the way to go.

Why on earth is Dayle even in contention,  the league has been focused on developing British talent rather than giving places to a never been Aussie 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Doesn't fit with Dayle Wood in the side.

I couldn't think of obvious "second strings" so thought Perry and another "reserve" could be the way to go.

Watson has a contract signed according to his page so that is 99% probably Edinburgh as Redcar and Scunny are holding trials for their last spots.

5 hours ago, MillenTheVillen said:

Watson has a contract signed according to his page so that is 99% probably Edinburgh as Redcar and Scunny are holding trials for their last spots.

Genuine trials or a good way to boost practice day sales? Uncle Len used to say that year on year at Rye House but the team had been signed up months before

13 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Genuine trials or a good way to boost practice day sales? Uncle Len used to say that year on year at Rye House but the team had been signed up months before

scunny dont need to boost numbers for early season practice as its always full so thats put that to bed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

scunny dont need to boost numbers for early season practice as its always full so thats put that to bed. 

I think all teams will know who they want by now

7 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Why on earth is Dayle even in contention,  the league has been focused on developing British talent rather than giving places to a never been Aussie 

Because the rules make it easier to sign a 29 year old Aussie, than a 16 year old Brit (Max Perry).

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Binman said:

I think all teams will know who they want by now

Thats where the discussion fails with the I think part as it's just your opinion and not what's happening.I will ask the main man when I see him tomorrow 

21 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Because the rules make it easier to sign a 29 year old Aussie, than a 16 year old Brit (Max Perry).

Thing is whether it's right or wrong Dayle is a British passport holder so meets the criteria as does max . Each each team's prerogative on how they build to the points limit.

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Ano Owens on waiting list for the 27th

• Thanks 1

Are we looking at

Connor Coles    7.79
Tom Woolley    6.64
Sam McGurk    6.08
Dayle Wood    4.50
Mason Watson    3.93
Mark Parker    3.00
Kyren Lyden    3.00

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

Are we looking at

Connor Coles    7.79
Tom Woolley    6.64
Sam McGurk    6.08
Dayle Wood    4.50
Mason Watson    3.93
Mark Parker    3.00
Kyren Lyden    3.00

Looks realistic enough for an Armadale side...