British Speedway Forum

I see that the draw for the U21 British Championship semi final at Plymouth has been announced on the BSPL website but I can't find the date or venue for the final in the fixture list and it is not mentioned in the semi final announcement. Is this another case of lack of forward planning in the sport?

5 hours ago, Chris116 said:

I see that the draw for the U21 British Championship semi final at Plymouth has been announced on the BSPL website but I can't find the date or venue for the final in the fixture list and it is not mentioned in the semi final announcement. Is this another case of lack of forward planning in the sport?

Or , more likely, they are waiting to see which club would volunteer to run it based on any of their riders being in it so they might hope to attract a half decent crowd.

The draw etc has taken place a few weeks earlier than usual this year, the venue for the U21 final is hopefully to be confirmed this week. but as has been mentioned, a club has to take on the fixture and then suitable dates to fit in with everything else going on not just here but around Europe need to be agreed. 

On 1/22/2024 at 4:03 PM, IanBrannan said:

The draw etc has taken place a few weeks earlier than usual this year, the venue for the U21 final is hopefully to be confirmed this week. but as has been mentioned, a club has to take on the fixture and then suitable dates to fit in with everything else going on not just here but around Europe need to be agreed. 

Old news now, but it will be at Ashfield on Sunday 2 June, 2pm.