British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Leicester vs King’s Lynn - Thursday 21st March

31 minutes ago, arnieg said:

The heat had not finished, it does so when:

when 2 minutes have elapsed after the leading rider has completed the heat (12.1.21)

That being the case 12.1.14 applies:

The Referee shall immediately disqualify any rider who they consider indulges in foul, unfair or dangerous riding.

If, in the opinion of the Referee, such conduct produces an advantage to the rider involved or affects the chances of one or more riders, the Referee may stop the heat and order a re-run.

If any rider is unable to cross the finish line as a result of foul, unfair or dangerous riding on the part of another rider who, inconsequence, has been disqualified, the disadvantaged rider shall be deemed to have finished the heat in the placing held immediately before the foul, unfair or dangerous riding and allowing for any advancement in placing following the
disqualification of the guilty rider. 

A similar system shall apply for a rider who, in the opinion of the Referee has deliberately laid down their machine or has left the track in the interests of safety.

So Kemp should have been excluded and Thompson awarded second.

I think everyone in the stadium and watching thought that unfortunately the one person that didn’t was Watters, heaven alone knows what he was thinking.

For a referee of his standing to come to a decision like he did suggests he is past his sell by date and needs his ticket pulled, the other two decisions he made just support that.

42 minutes ago, arnieg said:

The heat had not finished, it does so when:

when 2 minutes have elapsed after the leading rider has completed the heat (12.1.21)

That being the case 12.1.14 applies:

The Referee shall immediately disqualify any rider who they consider indulges in foul, unfair or dangerous riding.

If, in the opinion of the Referee, such conduct produces an advantage to the rider involved or affects the chances of one or more riders, the Referee may stop the heat and order a re-run.

If any rider is unable to cross the finish line as a result of foul, unfair or dangerous riding on the part of another rider who, inconsequence, has been disqualified, the disadvantaged rider shall be deemed to have finished the heat in the placing held immediately before the foul, unfair or dangerous riding and allowing for any advancement in placing following the
disqualification of the guilty rider. 

A similar system shall apply for a rider who, in the opinion of the Referee has deliberately laid down their machine or has left the track in the interests of safety.

So Kemp should have been excluded and Thompson awarded second.

you could argue it wasnt foul, unfair or dangerous riding as Kemp simply locked up with his chain coming off.  Also Thompson didnt deliberately lay down his machine or leave the track.  he took avoiding action.  dont want to sound pedantic but i dont think this is as clear cut as some are making out and ultimately the ref was at liberty to make the call he did.  at the time it wouldnt have been obvious what had happened to kemp's machinery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Utter drivel

Seems you seem to know differently? If so could please let the referee know. I was warned 2 seasons ago while grading, I accidentally dropped some material over gate 3, I had to go back out and remove it, it was pure accident,  had gathered some material from turn4 then my grader bounced over the start line which left the dirt there.  I was also asked not to drive continuously over the same gate each time I went around the track.

8 hours ago, Honey Monster said:

I think you’re a little harsh saying that the track is never a decent racing strip. 
Last night, you could see that the track was still very wet and I’m guessing that track prep was hard with the amount of rain we’ve had over the last few weeks. Race times were down by about 1-1.5 seconds. There has been some fabulous meetings in the passed few years with plenty of passing. Extensive work on the track throughout the close season has taken place so once it settles down and we get some sun on the track, it will start to produce again.

As someone said about heat 2. The race wasn’t stopped (red flagged) and Rowe finished the race and a time given. I’m guessing because neither of the Leicester riders were under power they were both excluded. If it had happened earlier in the lap, Joe might have been awarded 2nd. 

It's not been a decent racing surface for at least three years how supporters turn up to watch a prossesion every week is beyond me, I think the circus outside would have been more entertaining. 

27 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

Seems you seem to know differently? If so could please let the referee know. I was warned 2 seasons ago while grading, I accidentally dropped some material over gate 3, I had to go back out and remove it, it was pure accident,  had gathered some material from turn4 then my grader bounced over the start line which left the dirt there.  I was also asked not to drive continuously over the same gate each time I went around the track.

SCB press statement on the SCB website today stating the referees decisions and incidents are being investigated.

• Like 1

my thoughts are if a rider knocks off his own team mate, there should be no advantage for that same team.

13 minutes ago, DazS said:

my thoughts are if a rider knocks off his own team mate, there should be no advantage for that same team.

Who knocked of Thompson

31 minutes ago, DazS said:

That’s just silly, how is a rider being knocked off or colliding with a team mate who’s had an accident gaining an advantage?

• Haha 1

he’s gained an advantage as the referee has awarded him points when he failed to finish the race.  the opposition riders were not the cause of this, one of his own riders was

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

SCB press statement on the SCB website today stating the referees decisions and incidents are being investigated.

Refreshing to see and for it to be made public so quickly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Who knocked of Thompson

himself due to his own team mate making a mistake 

3 minutes ago, DazS said:

himself due to his own team mate making a mistake 

Who makes the mistake/causes the crash is irrelevant when it contributes to bringing someone else down. There was nothing Joe could do to stop that and he shouldn't be penalised when he was in full control and about to complete his race.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chun said:

he’s gained an advantage as the referee has awarded him points when he failed to finish the race.  the opposition riders were not the cause of this, one of his own riders was

All riders in a race stand to gain an advantage if someone crashes. He only failed to finish the race because he got caught up in an accident that wasn't his own fault. Why is this so hard to grasp?!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 40-38 said:

Who makes the mistake/causes the crash is irrelevant when it contributes to bringing someone else down. There was nothing Joe could do to stop that and he shouldn't be penalised when he was in full control and about to complete his race.

you dont even understand the point we are making do you.

Just now, DazS said:

you dont even understand the point we are making do you.

I think you're the only two people who seem to think you have a point, yes.