British Speedway Forum
Badge

Witches v Brummies 28th March

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

A much more solid team this season, Ellis is a great signing and Dan T will be a good reserve, much better than most and will improve, Rew will also improve. 

Ipi certainly looks stronger on paper compared to last season even tho we all know nowt is ever won on paper, Ellis is an upgrade on Riss and Jenkins should hopefully score as much or more then Hume once he gets to grips with Foxhall, and by the looks of things young Dan has started off on the form he was showing last season before injury cut his season short.

4 hours ago, spin king junior said:

Giving off a very different tone from Sheffield drawing away to Birmingham compared to when your own team gets run close by them around your own track...

Not at all the first line of my post was that I thought we would win by more 

We had Emil getting 4 and crashing whilst in scoring positions and missing out on heat 15 where Ellis got 0. Add 5 onto Emils score and it would have been what I expected …. And yes speedway is all about its and buts but to me Sheffield riders didn’t leave any points behind on the track where as Ipswich did

One thing is for certain that the Holder brothers are usually poor at Foxhall so I’m more worried about other teams at our place namely Leicester who have riders that go well at Foxhall 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

The result at Ipswich was distorted due to very unusual low scores by Emil and Danny King. They will be a better team this year with Ellis and are title favourites in my view.

I think they probably are, only potential weak link is Jenkins, now he's not a RS, but I think they have a better RS than Sheffield & Leicester who have similar number 6s. So plenty to like about this Ipswich team.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

Fair play to Brum, kept it close, Witches unlucky with Emil's two falls. Can see a top 2 battle between Sheff and Ippo for title so far.