British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich vs Oxford 18th April

7 hours ago, Chris said:

Schroeck was a dreadful TM at Rye House 

Remember some of the mistakes well

54 minutes ago, Wobblywheel said:

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but what the heck is wrong with Janowski?

He has been disappointing however he was never going to be the super strong number 1 that some thought.

1 hour ago, Wobblywheel said:

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but what the heck is wrong with Janowski?

Nothing...it was he is these days. . Been been on the down grade for some time 

7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Seemed to do ok guesting for Ipswich in the play offs last season.

In one meeting.  Play off bomber is different to bomber in april

On 4/19/2024 at 12:06 AM, orion said:

Harris 4  lol.  Remember what people saying about what he would do at Foxhall v Ipswich last  last year the final and will always score over ten etc lol

Yes, that’s because in the last three seasons he’s failed to score double figures on three occasions in his last eight visits, but two of those three were paid double figures. 

21 hours ago, orion said:

You would think wet conditions would suit Chris Harris than any other rider. Just remember all the stick  i got saying that Harris would not score well  v a decent ippo side.at Foxhall   ..Magic looking great as well i see. Saying all that if Tungate had have showed up they might have won.

You got stick because despite being presented with the facts that totally went against your argument, you decided to stick your fingers in your ears and die on that hill which made you look stupid. 

17 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Harris was his normal foxhall self. 

Last three seasons at Foxhall

7+1

9+2

11+1

9+1

14+1

14+1

12+2

10+3

Why do people just blatantly Lie? I’d say Thursdays poor performance was very much UNLIKE Harris’ “usual Foxhall self” from recent history. 

16 hours ago, orion said:

Not laughing at him general i.m a big fan by the way...its more what people were saying what a ringer guest he was in last year final and how he  was bound to score double figures at Foxhall ...your correct hes a 7 point man 

Again, that’s because in recent years he’s scored double figures there more often than he hasn’t. It really isn’t difficult to understand is it, Orion? Well for some people it clearly is!

• Like 3

Harris used to struggle a bit at Foxhall years ago, and his season as a Witch was disappointing. But Aries is correct, last few years he’s been a pain in the backside here and been superb. You just can’t argue with those figures. 

Tbh Thursday they prepared the track slicker anticipating the rain that came, bomber never been a gater and a slick track rider has he, last couple seasons he’s been pretty good at Foxhall, his worst season like a lot riders was the one he actually rode for us - probably those couple of years were the worst in his career tho been significantly better again recently.

Way back when him and KK won the pairs at Foxhall for Coventry too so he’s had good nights at Foxhall throughout his career

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Aries said:

Yes, that’s because in the last three seasons he’s failed to score double figures on three occasions in his last eight visits, but two of those three were paid double figures. 

You got stick because despite being presented with the facts that totally went against your argument, you decided to stick your fingers in your ears and die on that hill which made you look stupid. 

Last three seasons at Foxhall

7+1

9+2

11+1

9+1

14+1

14+1

12+2

10+3

Why do people just blatantly Lie? I’d say Thursdays poor performance was very much UNLIKE Harris’ “usual Foxhall self” from recent history. 

Again, that’s because in recent years he’s scored double figures there more often than he hasn’t. It really isn’t difficult to understand is it, Orion? Well for some people it clearly is!

The debate was can Harris score in double figures in a heat leader role in a final v a this decent Ipswich side .. so we are worried about last year stats . 12 + 2 was a good meeting but he was at 4 and 10 +3 was riding  for  Ippo  . The bottom line in my opinion that he would have only  scored 6 or 7 in that final in a heat leader role  not the stupid scores you and others were going on about . So pure logic nothing to do with putting fingers in ears etc . Sadly we never got the chance to see who was right .

Of  course the next port of call was you  to go  crazy because i said  don't rate Oxford and said that Magic was on the downgrade and not a No 1 and they would come unstuck in heats  13 -15   ... Thou its early that's  looking pretty spot on . No doubt if this trend carries on you will  be  sticking your fingers in your ears or getting angry as normal  . 

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/19/2024 at 9:55 AM, szkocjasid said:

Actually Schroeck's excuse for his mistakes makes him look even more inept imo

I’m normally clued up, but there was so much going on towards the end of the meeting and I missed an opportunity there and that does frustrate me.

As soon as Tungate was missing & Clouting was his planned replacement, the obvious choice would be for Wright / Clouting or Wright on his own to take the first 3 rides with Riss replacing Clouting / Tungate in heat 14 alongside Boughen. Then once they were 6 points down, very obviously you'd put Nicholls in instead of Boughen.

So how was "so much going on" that he made a mistake? He should have known what to do before the first heat?

Agreed - a clued up TM would have a plan in place before the first race. The plan may of course have to change but it should be constantly under review throughout the meeting. How on earth one can get to heat 14 and it has still never occurred to them is quite shocking. 

Edited by WembleyLion
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just caught up with this...

Tungate's non appearance cost Spires big time!

Good win from Boughen despite losing his steel shoe after a couple of laps.

Why was there grading after heat 10? I thought it should be after heat 11, where the interval should have been.

Kingy harshly excluded in 12 for me as Riss seemed to be turning into turn 3 halfway down the back straight like a junior! He did it again in the rerun but managed to miss Rew.

If Nicholls had the wrong helmet cover on at the end of 2 mins in 14, shouldn't he have been excluded?

Fair play Schroeck for fronting up after the match and holding his hands up. 

The ref should be heading for a spell in the cooler. The standard of reffing seems to really declined over the last few years. 

There must be big question marks over Tragic Janowski, I really thought he'd excel for Oxford but at the moment they're carrying him. 

Edited by iainb

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

Why was there grading after heat 10? I thought it should be after heat 11, where the interval should have been.

Kingy harshly excluded in 12 for me as Riss seemed to be turning into turn 3 halfway down the back straight like a junior! He did it again in the rerun but managed to miss Rew.

Grading timing due to weather and track getting a bit choppy.

Riss was comfortably in front of Danny, lots of riders were turning that bit earlier due to how greasy the track was getting and skating across the track somewhat, king just misjudged and wiped him out don’t think he can have any complaints for the decision 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Grading timing due to weather and track getting a bit choppy.

Riss was comfortably in front of Danny, lots of riders were turning that bit earlier due to how greasy the track was getting and skating across the track somewhat, king just misjudged and wiped him out don’t think he can have any complaints for the decision 

Track grading times do not appear to be in the rulebook, I thought it was set, apparently not. 

Kingy did wipe Riss out, no doubt, but Riss was turning in far too early for a rider of his experience. It would not have surprised me to see Riss excluded although admittedly it would have been controversial and I would have been seeing it the other way lol

Edited by iainb