British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich vs Oxford 18th April

Plus the ref had the benefit of tv replays, King exc looked the right call to me from the back straight 

On 4/20/2024 at 10:42 PM, iainb said:

Track grading times do not appear to be in the rulebook, I thought it was set, apparently not. 

My understanding is they are set with the caveat of flexibility if track conditions dictate a need to move it a race or two for safety 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 10:42 PM, iainb said:

Track grading times do not appear to be in the rulebook, I thought it was set, apparently not.

I'm glad the grading rules are not set in the rulebooks, allows clubs to grade at the correct times (as long as they have common sense).

I remember Berwick used to grade at the same time every week, for example after heats 4,7,11,14? Then if a team had r/r with reserves having 2 on the trot, they'd still follow that plan. So there could be 2 on the trot between heats 3&4 (delay) then track grading between heats 4&5 (delay) then 2 on the trot between heats 5&6 (delay).  It never seemed to occur to them to grade the track when a rider had 2 on the trot!

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

I remember Berwick used to grade at the same time every week, for example after heats 4,7,11,14?

I remember when every track had track rakers coming out to prep the track after EVERY race, meaning there was no need for tractor racing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1