British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedwayFan91

Kings Lynn vs Sheffield - Monday 22nd April

On 4/22/2024 at 1:02 PM, Panther1997 said:

Jeez how pathetic. I can well recall standing in Sheffield car park on 18 August 2022 at 7.30pm on race night in blazing sunshine (shorts weather) with no rain having fallen in the past two days but no speedway because the match had been called off on Tuesday because apparently Sheffield couldn't get the track ready.

I have little time for Chapman but it irks me that a promoti9n that is equally guilty is whinging like a 12 year old.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

So Tarasenko quit on Tuesday! I wonder if he was planning to turn up on Monday before it was called off?

Edited by WembleyLion
  • Haha 1

This confuses me more, if Tarasenko quit, then he'd get a 28 day ban & Lynn would be allowed a facility. So Lawson & Brennan are decent guests, r/r for Tarasenko means everyone gets an extra ride, that doesn't weaken them at all, so why call it off?

*It doesn't occur to me that it may have been due to one particular weather forecast.

New date for the re-staging is the 16th of May.Bit peed off really as i bought a season ticket for this year and i booked all my holidays around the Lynn matches.Now i miss this one due to being on holiday.This one shouldn't have been called off in the first place and now it is costing me.Not very happy to say the least,won't be getting a season ticket next season as it stands.

• Like 3

Just now, szkocjasid said:

Has the SCB conducted an investigation into this call-off?

The investigation has been called off - too much tea in the SCB ctte members saucers.

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Has the SCB conducted an investigation into this call-off?

An investigation was scheduled, but rain was forecast, so postponed.:D