British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow V Oxford KO Cup 1st leg Ashfield Stadium @7.30pm 26 April 2024

13 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Think you're gonna have to take that back!

Turns out my pre-race analysis is about as accurate as my weather predictions - useless!

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Seriously? Oxford are short of a HL atm. 

Really???

The same JJ that has struggled a lot so far that Oxford fans want him replaced by Riss. That JJ?

48 minutes ago, Toady said:

Who wants him replaced ? As someone said you don’t go from a good rider to bad overnight and I am sure JJ will ride this out.

I've not seen any Oxford fans wanting him replaced because of his form. I merely pointed out with their averages going down, Riss would fit in place of Jenkins, so naturally Oxford fans would prefer Riss / a stronger team.

Even if Jenkins was scoring his average, if a rider of Riss' calibre is available as a replacement & you want to win the league, easy decision to make imo

Good result in the end. Thankfully tactical substitutes not  allowed in the ko Cup or we could have been in real trouble! Also we need to remember that any home track advantage we had is gone thanks to the track changes. Like everyone else hope Ace is OK and can take his place in the 2nd leg.

Glasgow big favourites to qualify now. Can't see them losing by more than 12 away.

On 4/26/2024 at 9:26 PM, lisa-colette said:

Seriously? Oxford are short of a HL atm. 

Really???

The same JJ that has struggled a lot so far that Oxford fans want him replaced by Riss. That JJ?

Remind me again which team won't the tie over two legs...