British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow V Oxford KO Cup 1st leg Ashfield Stadium @7.30pm 26 April 2024

We welcome the Cheetahs this Friday and the two best riders in the league, allegedly. Discuss!

We are still lacking in meetings at the reshaped Ashfield and we, the fans, still don't know when the SCB plan to meet to discuss Lee's situation. In the meantime with a 30 day ban we need to look for a guest. 

We knocked them out of the play-offs last year, can we do the same in the Cup?

By my calcs guest options are Perry, Harrison and Smith? Hagon out under 8 say rule, Plymouth riders averages too high and everyone else already involved. Not great and assume will be smith

Should be a comfortable win for Glasgow. Jenkins and Atkins not firing and Heeps struggles away from home. 54-36.

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

By my calcs guest options are Perry, Harrison and Smith? Hagon out under 8 say rule, Plymouth riders averages too high and everyone else already involved. Not great and assume will be smith

I’d rather have either of the other two. If we have Jack Smith, we’d be better off just putting Ace out three more times and going light in heat two.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I’d rather have either of the other two. If we have Jack Smith, we’d be better off just putting Ace out three more times and going light in heat two.

Id like to see young Harrison, ridden worky and scunny so ashfield shouldn't be any issue. Did he ride at one of the youth events? I say smith only as he's been the go to over the last few years but I'd hope maybe moved on

4 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Smith seems the obvious pick to me. Won a heat for Scunthorpe, just make sure you don't use him at Plymouth.

4 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

We welcome the Cheetahs this Friday and the two best riders in the league, allegedly. Discuss!

We are still lacking in meetings at the reshaped Ashfield and we, the fans, still don't know when the SCB plan to meet to discuss Lee's situation. In the meantime with a 30 day ban we need to look for a guest. 

We knocked them out of the play-offs last year, can we do the same in the Cup?

Not the best 2 riders in the league. But certainly Oxford have the strongest top 2.

6 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Don't think it applies if he's riding "at home".

Difficult to predict this one,expect Home win.But Masters and Nichols could rack up a few points and Boughden at reserve might be a thorn in their side.

Tough one to call this. Masters and Nichols should get about 25 between them as only see bomber troubling them (and wouldn't say he's even hit 2023 form yet). 2, 3 & 4 on current form we should have the upper hand do could come down to who comes out on top with the reserves. 49-41 would be my call. 

Unfortunately missing tonight hopefully an entertaining safe meeting 

• Like 1

Hard to judge how this one is going to go . We know what to expect from Masters and Nichols . So if an Oxford reserve , or Heeps or Jenkins finds a bit of form then we could be in trouble .

But hopefully now we have had a couple of meetings under our belt we will start to fire . Certainly the engine room of Flint and Starke will be crucial .

I'm hoping for at least a 12 point lead to take to Sandy Lane 

I am not so confident. I’d just be happy with a win of any sort. I think we will struggle big time at reserve, and I fancy Nicholls to have the better of Worrall tonight.

Boughen's looked good so far this season and I think Killeen will like this track more than the smaller ones. If Jenkins gets the better of Flint then this first leg could be a difficult proposition tonight.

On 4/23/2024 at 8:51 PM, Noelinho said:

Think you're gonna have to take that back!

• Like 1