British Speedway Forum
justathought

LIONS v BIRMINGHAM 25/4/24

The only brummies worth their salt are Brennan and the temp signing now gone . That includes the shocking manager who you only have to listen too years of incoherent commentary to know he's not up to the task

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

The only brummies worth their salt are Brennan and the temp signing now gone . That includes the shocking manager who you only have to listen too years of incoherent commentary to know he's not up to the task

Spot on!

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, P T Preece said:

we lost but they were sharper from the gate than the last home meeting. Heats13 & 15 did the main damage again.

What about Heats 5 and 6 ?? :D

Makes you laugh when you read the Bham's main web page?  a 16 point defeat is an improved showing on recent performances ....Who are they trying to kid?

I think B'ham were fortunate that it was a 'gaters' track, otherwise Leicester would have certainly won by more!

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

No surprises ...another useless performance from a woeful team!

He's been boozing again ...

10 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Maybe, but you surely have to beat the visitor’s RS? Flint did Joe three times tonight.

Not sure why you expect Joe [2023 Champ av of 3.36] to beat Flint [2023 Champ av 6.58]. He looked good at Oxford last week (paid 12) but none of the riders he beat had  an average as high as Flint's.

Well if you think that was a good performance, then I'd say that you were the one doing the 'boozing'! :rofl:

5 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Not sure why you expect Joe [2023 Champ av of 3.36] to beat Flint [2023 Champ av 6.58]. He looked good at Oxford last week (paid 12) but none of the riders he beat had  an average as high as Flint's.

Poor Joe...couldn't get out the starts and that was the difference between a good/poor meeting!

I'd be more concerned about 'Becker' ?

Is Leicester always prepared as 'slick' as that ?

The track looked great and was very smooth, but after the first 2 bends on the first lap, there were no racing lines at all ?

That said...it saved Bham from a complete hammering!

13 hours ago, iainb said:

It's a shambles at the start so far tonight

How? wHY?

2 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

How? wHY?

All those riders touching the tapes and being warned for moving... or not. 

1 hour ago, iainb said:

All those riders touching the tapes and being warned for moving... or not. 

Obviously I have a unique prespective on this Iain. I can tell with my back to the tapes because of the change in the pressure wave hitting the back of my leg with the riders off 2 and 3 and I was aware on one occasion someone obviously had a nibble at the tapes as the pressure dropped as the revs fell.  Appreciate the feedback.

15 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Obviously I have a unique prespective on this Iain. I can tell with my back to the tapes because of the change in the pressure wave hitting the back of my leg with the riders off 2 and 3 and I was aware on one occasion someone obviously had a nibble at the tapes as the pressure dropped as the revs fell.  Appreciate the feedback.

who was it the one of 2 or the one of 3. if it was your left leg must of been 3, if right  2.:drink:

We also need to accept track prep when weather forecasts are advising rain all afternoon pack it down and hope for the best or simply cancel the meeting early in the day. With the weather hopefully picking up as we get into May more shale on the track and watering I'm confident racing should improve.

Whilst some tracks ie Belle Vue Scunthorpe etc have some great racing i go to poland and watch league racing some of these meetings are also processional. I'm no expert but could some of todays racing be down to lay downs and speed. Very little team riding in the sport now days once in the lead gone...was refreshing to see for the first time in a long time the Holders team riding in heat 15 a couple of weeks ago. Any way top of the league all good...lol

The meeting was boring but I don't really have any complaints on the track. Yes there was next to no passing but with the forecast looking poor they had to prepare it in a way so if it did rain we could manage to finish the meeting. Crowd was poor again though, think the cold and forecast put people off. A win is a win and only two riders looked off the pace. Joe T and Becker. I think Joe likes more dirt when I spoke to Andy the trackman. Becker on the other hand I don't know really. Maybe some wolves fans can enliten us on what tracks he prefers. But I'm glad we're hitting form and it's our bogey team next week. Bring it on 

5 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Well if you think that was a good performance, then I'd say that you were the one doing the 'boozing'!

You claimed last time that your stupidity was due to drink. Naturally I thought that this was the case again.

On 4/26/2024 at 8:02 AM,  ruckerroo said: 

I disagree tbh.  I think Zach Cook has done well and has gone some what under the radar.  I also think Pavlicki will do well given a few more meetings.  The issue we have is that we really need a big hitter but who is available that will ride for us?