British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blue witch

Leicester v Witches 02/05

Excellent meeting for Dan, moving into the team proper, however we'll miss him being able to take 7 rides.

Not sure I understand the logic of moving Ellis to 5? Riding with the reserves looks a weak pairing.

With king missing we have a great chance of winning here. Seems like Dan moving into the main side and woth King missing the speedway gods are showing us abit of luck. 

I think we will win this now 50-40. Masters has hit form along with fricke. Big night for Joe T and Kemp, you can add becker to that as well. He needs to show some form!

39 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Not sure I understand the logic of moving Ellis to 5? Riding with the reserves looks a weak pairing.

I agree. Doyle and Emil at 1 n 5 in heat 13 is when they usually kill the oppositions hopes of a victory.  

It does seem a strange one putting Ellis at 5, I can only assume they want to pair Dan T up with Doyle to take the pressure off a bit in 3 of his rides perhaps?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I agree. Doyle and Emil at 1 n 5 in heat 13 is when they usually kill the oppositions hopes of a victory.  

You'd think that "Smiler" Hawkins might try a "Dickson" Emil/Doyley partnership at 1 and 2 to potentially get 4 5-1's, potentially worth 16 race points

11 minutes ago, MP78 said:

It does seem a strange one putting Ellis at 5, I can only assume they want to pair Dan T up with Doyle to take the pressure off a bit in 3 of his rides perhaps?

Edited by iainb

Thing is though, if Emil and Doyley rode at 1&2 the most they could get in their three rides is 15 points between them - where as if they don’t ride together, they could potentially get 18 from three rides 

Where as 5-1s are always great to see, they could contribute more separately

10 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Thing is though, if Emil and Doyley rode at 1&2 the most they could get in their three rides is 15 points between them - where as if they don’t ride together, they could potentially get 18 from three rides 

Good point... there are only so many points to be scored in every meeting. But it's how and when you get those points, having your other big hitter at 5 means they're riding with a reserve and are only likely to get a 3-3. R/R at 5 may well do a similar job... it's all a matter of opinion of course.

1 hour ago, DoubleJ said:

But it's not just Doyle & Emil's points that count. 

For arguments sake Doyle & Sayfutdinov get a 5-1 in heat 13, Ellis finishes second in heat 12 (losing a 2-4) Ipswich have gained 2 points.

If Doyle wins heat 12 (3-3) but Ellis is last in heat 13 (3-3) Ipswich don't gain those 2 points.

5 hours ago, MP78 said:

Could've done that by partnering Dan with Emil?

Doyle normally meets a reserve once a match, this time he's meeting a reserve twice, seems a waste if a superstar rider to me

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Doyle normally meets a reserve once a match, this time he's meeting a reserve twice, seems a waste if a superstar rider to me

I think Chris louis knows what he is doing, Ritchie Hawkins would not be allowed to make such a decision!

I think Ipswich reserves are very capable of beating the Leicester reserves, the form he is on and at his favourite track, Dan T will be on fire.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I think Chris louis knows what he is doing, Ritchie Hawkins would not be allowed to make such a decision!

I think Ipswich reserves are very capable of beating the Leicester reserves, the form he is on and at his favourite track, Dan T will be on fire.

I don't understand the point you are making?

I said I think it's a waste of a rider of Jason Doyle's calibre to meet a reserve twice (as I think he has the beating of all the Leicester riders) but you replied with you think the Ipswich reserves can beat the Leicester reserves?

Wether I agree with that or not, not sure how it effects Doyle not riding at 5?

I will say, if Ipswich expect to lose against Leicester & the plan is damage limitation to get the bonus point, then I can agree with Ellis at 5.

Edited by szkocjasid

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

It's all a bit safe though isn't it, it's always been done that way so that's the way we're going to do it. I think keeping the opposition guessing as regards their line-up is like Speedway's version of Bazball... Stewball if you like :D

No disrespect to Ritchie as he does a fine job for Ippo, but it's hard to imagine him managing elsewhere for another team, I wouldn't have thought he'd be on anybody's "wanted" list unlike Stewart Dickson or Rob Lyon for example. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

But it's not just Doyle & Emil's points that count. 

For arguments sake Doyle & Sayfutdinov get a 5-1 in heat 13, Ellis finishes second in heat 12 (losing a 2-4) Ipswich have gained 2 points.

If Doyle wins heat 12 (3-3) but Ellis is last in heat 13 (3-3) Ipswich don't gain those 2 points.

Maybe to try and counter Sam Masters at 3?

Could be 

10 Jason

11 Jason and Emil

12 Jason

13 Emil

15 Jason and Emil with no ts used.