British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blue witch

Leicester v Witches 02/05

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Maybe to try and counter Sam Masters at 3?

Could be 

10 Jason

11 Jason & Emil

12 Jason

13 Emil

15 Jason and Emil with no ts used.

Put Dan T at 2 with r/r at 4, then you could add Doyle to heat 14!

Edited by szkocjasid

27 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Put Dan T at 2 with r/r at 4, then you could add Doyle to heat 14!

Never thought of it that way.

Lose Jason from heat 11 but gain him in heat 14.

Would then have Emil or Jason in every heat from 10-14 and then the pair in 15.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't understand the point you are making?

I said I think it's a waste of a rider of Jason Doyle's calibre to meet a reserve twice (as I think he has the beating of all the Leicester riders) but you replied with you think the Ipswich reserves can beat the Leicester reserves?

Wether I agree with that or not, not sure how it effects Doyle not riding at 5?

I will say, if Ipswich expect to lose against Leicester & the plan is damage limitation to get the bonus point, then I can agree with Ellis at 5.

The reserves ride with the number 5 a couple of times, they should pick up points even though they dont ride with Doyle. Ellis has been good at Leicester in the past I believe so having him at  5 may not be a bad thing leaving Doyle to clean up at number 3.Also if they get behind they could use Doyle or Emil as a tac in place of r/r. Doyle could have 7rides.

Edited by foreverblue

13 hours ago, iainb said:

You'd think that "Smiler" Hawkins might try a "Dickson" Emil/Doyley partnership at 1 and 2 to potentially get 4 5-1's, potentially worth 16 race points

A thought provoking idea, then put r/r at 5, use Doyle in heat 13 so Doyle & Sayfutdinov get 5 races together?

But I wouldn't want to use Doyle in heat 8, as any Witch should have the beating of Joe T.

• Like 1

If you run r/r at two this allows Jason and Emil to ride together in heat one. Based on seeing Leicester 3 times this season Frick often starts the meeting with his worst ride so could get Ipswich off to a heat advantage. 

1 hour ago, SJA said:

If you run r/r at two this allows Jason and Emil to ride together in heat one. Based on seeing Leicester 3 times this season Frick often starts the meeting with his worst ride so could get Ipswich off to a heat advantage. 

I wonder if they'll use the r/r ride in heat one to give one of the reserves a feel for the track ahead of heat 2 maybe?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MP78 said:

I wonder if they'll use the r/r ride in heat one to give one of the reserves a feel for the track ahead of heat 2 maybe?

That would be the usual, predictable, par for the course thing to do... So, I'd say yes. 

Edited by iainb

Maybe Dan T heat 1 so he can get a ride in early, been brilliant gating wise so could pop out with Emil 

The Updates are still looking a texter for this meeting - if you can help, please let me know!

Thanks 

On 5/1/2024 at 3:41 PM, blue witch said:

Maybe Dan T heat 1 so he can get a ride in early, been brilliant gating wise so could pop out with Emil 

Be tough for him against Fricke & Lawson. I'd use Rew, give him practice before heat 2.

Posted (edited)

Jason Doyle must have racked up hundreds of pounds in fines for all the practice starts he does not wearing his helmet... yet he still continues to do them ;)

Track grade after heat 3... that's not normal, probably because we've just seen the first passing of the night and we don't want that!

Edited by iainb

4 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

God the track absolutely terrible

I've come to the conclusion that the whole lot needs digging up and starting again! Or try the one out on the in field?

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

I've come to the conclusion that the whole lot needs digging up and starting again! Or try the one out on the in field?

They've had all bloody day to sort the track with sun out. What's the excuse this time? 

I really don't understand Stewarts mind sometimes.....we're in form, fricke and masters got maximums so let's dig the track up. Now masters can't ride it.