British Speedway Forum

42 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

exactly half hearted effort today pulling up when beat etc !! makes you think if he is on set wage per meeting with milik & lampart the same ??

Poland is different  to racing here ..You need quality  at the top end ...That team wont win many matches ...only at home ...

I thought it was reasonably entertaining meeting considering how one-sided it was.  Lidsey v Pawlicki & heat 14 being the highlights.   Didn't seem a lack of effort from Pawlicki, just didn't have enough speed.  Milik started well but faded after mechanical gremlins but of the three Lampart acquitted himself best.   Hope to see a stream of heat 14. I had thought Flint was too far in front of Cook to be caught so my eyes were on Mountain closing in on Lampart so missed Cook passing Flint.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I was a massive Fan of Jan O, probably the first rider I liked who didn't ride for my team (Rye House)

you did eventually have a Jan Pedersen riding for you tho!:D

Seems that Birmingham started well, or maybe BV started slowly _ checked the scores after about 6 heats and saw they were competitive and doing well then it all seemed to go wrong for them!

Don’t know why worrall goes under the radar so much. Captain fantastic need to be doing more - absolute garbage on a track he should know well 

2 hours ago, DazS said:

had a chat with him last year, seems quite content with his life style, probably having no huge gas electric water and council tax bills,  i thinks its the future.:drink:

I thought he might have been a local character like "'Rum Weather' was in Leicester... I was touring the States a few years ago and got approached by a local tramp for money, it was at Santa Monica beach! I thought there's worse places to be a tramp, made me wonder why there weren't more there when I see some of them sat outside my local Aldi

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

you did eventually have a Jan Pedersen riding for you tho!:D

Seems that Birmingham started well, or maybe BV started slowly _ checked the scores after about 6 heats and saw they were competitive and doing well then it all seemed to go wrong for them!

Like a lot of their meetings?

40 minutes ago, Chrisdonnelly said:

Don’t know why worrall goes under the radar so much. Captain fantastic need to be doing more - absolute garbage on a track he should know well 

Should be doing better ...

44 minutes ago, Chrisdonnelly said:

Changes  needed at Brum ....

1 minute ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Should be doing better ...

He seems to be struggling a lot by his standards. But it might be like Klindt said on the podcast, some riders struggle at beginning and end of the season as the changeable weather affects their bike too much. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

He seems to be struggling a lot by his standards. But it might be like Klindt said on the podcast, some riders struggle at beginning and end of the season as the changeable weather affects their bike too much. 

A one off meeting yes but these are riders that have been riding years.. 

• Like 2

Well done to our two Pirates , we are home now , going to Oxford on Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

20 years in the game and still can't fathom how to set a bike up for cold weather! Unbelievable! If he'd said it effects him and not his engines that would have been more believable

2 hours ago, Col said:

Good ride from Cook....but...no disrespect...it was only 'Flint' that he passed!

Cook should've left Flint for dead in reality!

• Sad 1

Flint is usually good at NSS, in comparison to any other RS at least.  I didn't see it at the time, my eyes were on Mountain v Lampart, but Flint drifted a little too wide into the really deep material allowing Cook through.