Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

GeneralMelchett

Members
  • Posts

    1,992
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    11

Everything posted by GeneralMelchett

  1. I hope for the meetings sake Birmingham put more effort in than they did at Owlerton. MJJ included. Never got the fuss about him in the UK he is bang ordinary!
  2. On the day both can be very good round Owlerton so it makes sense in a way to bring them in, I don't see Sheffield not getting to the playoffs and a lot can happen between now and Sept. Overall weaker for sure but overall probably the correct thing to do!
  3. Can't see anything other than a hefty home win,This will be my second (unless rain intervenes) meeting of 2025 and both will have been against Birmingham.
  4. a villian is needed at times, good race in my view however
  5. Well I did think Leicester would sneak this but well done KL, important win! Hope Ben Cook recovers quick as well
  6. I suspect Dan will ride well - its also maybe a reflection of his current form and the fact maybe no one else was about 😃 Can't see anything other a big big home win
  7. I think a slender away win for this, the league needs KL to win however otherwise i think the top 4 will be decided already.
  8. To be fair it was Kirky lane or nothing, bhut the NSS is the template on which all future tracks / stadia need to aspire to if they can, its a great set up. Given their opening spanking at Foxhall I would say the Aces will be fine - certainly playoff bound!
  9. The teams are shaping up exactly as last year, I know its early etc but the top 4 are the same as last year with KL, Ox and Birmingham as the poor relations - long term its not helpful
  10. I am there for the next home match so I hope it is at least entertaining - just need Jason and others to not gate and make their way from the back!
  11. Young Chaz seems capable of arguing with himself in an empty room wasn’t it he who had an issue with Tom the other yeaR when they were both with Belle Vue?
  12. Didn’t go to this - shame as it seems to have been a bit more exciting than last week - it seems the top 4 are probably in place already which is a shame!
  13. He was effective at BV last year, saw him ride for them V Sheffield and he scored well
  14. Great race wasn't it, I reckon Fricke thought that late nudge would have secured that 5-1, on his day Heeps could be really very good!
  15. I didn’t watch it but I was keeping an eye on both matches on the updates - yes strength in depth for sure. Pleased for both Dan and Jordan - it’s good for them to get to be the stars being the points home!
  16. Much closer than it should have been but there you go - well done to the Witches reserves definitely won them the match!
  17. You would think so - however I was trying offer Brummies fans an element of hope!
  18. The other thing is Tobi was riding with rather than against Jack and Chris etc there is a difference!
  19. The match last night reminded me of the very late 90s when I first started attending meetings at Owlerton - Sean Wilson and co reigned supreme and pretty much stuffed teams out of sight every week - it was pretty dull to be honest, the only real highlights would be if a visiting no 1 came and had a good go. I think we have to put this down as a bad one and hope the next match V's Kings Lynn is better at least we have Bomber to look forward too - he will give it a go!!
  20. Given how they performed last night can only see an away win, the only ray of hope for Birmingham is they did manage to beat Ipswich at home (twice??) last season so maybe they can pull another result out!
  21. It's wrong (in my view) to think a club is going to win at this stage with most clubs having only completed a single league match - Sheffield will have much sterner tests than last night but they have certainly started well. Unless they sort out the R/R they may suffer again is one of the Holders gets injured - like Ipswich suffered last year losing both top riders, but lets see. I feel Rowe is a natural fit at Owlerton last night he was out of the gate really quick each time - which gives him a big advantage - likewise Flint looked better than I have ever seen him, he was unlucky in heat 2 otherwise that would have been at least another 2 on his scorecard.
  22. Well you can’t but follow my leader isn’t entertaining . if the Birmingham riders had managed a gate or two we may have seen some - ergo the meeting would have been more entertaining for me and suspect most of those attending! part way through the meeting I moved to the 3rd/ 4th bend to see my tigers mate - at no point did I see any Birmingham riders trying different lines or trying to claw back ground on the Tigers - they simply sat back and completed the race settling for third or last!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy