-
Posts
1,992 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
11
Everything posted by GeneralMelchett
-
Too many people don't think or read about issues - the devil is always in the detail!!
-
We need more than one GP in the UK - sadly none of the current 'stadia' really can come up to the capacity of Ipswich which can at hold 10k, NSS nice though it is and I am a big fan of the track and set up needs top be bigger for these events in my opinion. The Oasis thing for 2027 is a blow for the NSS if it can't happen but would imagine 2028 return - definitely maybe?
-
Too many people prove the old saying better to be thought a fool etc the fact is they can also get more people in at Foxhall - see people cling to this notion we can get Cardiff back - not realising the huge costs of running the GP and forgetting the racing wasn’t up to much! don’t disagree that the NSS is a great racetrack and little stadium but we do need to get more than one venue involved!
-
I feel vindicated now - when he rode for Newcastle at Sheffield in about 2015 or 16 - he rode well but failed to beat Garrity who scored a max that night how there careers have diverged! I don’t think the locals i spoke with agreed with me that Lambert would be the better! congrats anyway - a British WC has to be celebrated - sadly both our last two haven’t always been entirely 💯 committed to the UK scene which maybe has a message for us all!
-
Great riders attacking tracks make good meetings - If Doyle were in the GP next year I can think of one rider who would really be entertaining sadly him and another master of Foxhall Emil probably won’t be in the series! I live in Sheffield I couldn’t be bothered to go to GP rounds as I felt they were over priced and the thought of parking etc at BV was a nightmare. Foxhall won’t be easy either so I hope they sort that out!
-
2027 terrestrial tv maybe?
GeneralMelchett replied to Lionsman66's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Interesting to read the article in the star today - right at the end the name Harry Redknapp was included in the thanks for getting a key door opened!! I personally think a 1 hr / 90 minutes weekly highlight show for the Premier and Championship with as suggested a rider or two in the studio with maybe the odd live match where we expect a decent match or the playoff / cup finals would be a good way to start something. That way things can be presented much more positively than a rain off or a 60-30 thrashing with zero passing. Would also be helpful if Robert Lambert would win the WC this yea then they have something else to focus / bring attention too! -
2027 terrestrial tv maybe?
GeneralMelchett replied to Lionsman66's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
I did subscribe for a year to PT a few seasons back - it was 9.99 i think and covered Swedish and re-runs of Polish matches after they had taken place - I felt it was a good deal at the time. If they turned down a deal for this season with Premier I would say that was madness - given their was nothing else on the table unless Premier S said no to club streaming services as part of the deal! I've used 4 streaming services this season and have been happy with them all. -
Ipswich v Belle Vue 10th September
GeneralMelchett replied to Aries's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
They moved sharply to replace Bewley and that has proven to be a masterstroke as they replace Bewley with someone who is possibly even more consistent that him. I felt Ipswich threw this away last night they worked really had to get a few points in front and then the 1-5 to Cook and Kildemend changed the match. Both Tom and Tobias had been brilliant in beating Jason proving he wasn't invincible and then they gave away a 5-1 IMHO to people they shouldn't have. I think BV are pretty certain to win the playoffs provided they don't get any sudden late injuries. -
Stars v Witches 24/8/26
GeneralMelchett replied to Bagpuss's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Absolutely agree there is a recking coming in all manner of sports over funding annual losses! -
Stars v Witches 24/8/26
GeneralMelchett replied to Bagpuss's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
As I said great, i presume a fair few Witches fans as well? I like the idea of Buster promoting a team with World Champion in! -
Stars v Witches 24/8/26
GeneralMelchett replied to Bagpuss's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Pleasing to see but do we have any idea what this constitutes 2k, 3k? I saw a few heats on the Witches facebook page and there did seem to be quite a few more on under the back straight stand that in previous videos i have seen or on TV but i wouldn't have said it was a massive crowd. Expected a home win perhaps by one or two more points than i reckoned - Witches got the BP which SHOULD i feel just see them to 4th spot! -
I have seen him at Ipswich this year and he's been really good - although he wasn't great in the most recent one on Thursday scoring 7 and then you get nights like that!! I kind of enjoyed the meeting - good effort at the comeback from Workington - I do feel a track of that size and shape should have more passing! Who was good, Batch and Vinny Forde for Workington along with their no 7 - he was a surprise and did well. For the home side well well done Joe T, Klina and Barker very good also. Expected more from King.
-
I've decided to treat myself to this match on the streaming - hoping its like the Berwick v Poole one from the other week!
-
Stars v Witches 24/8/26
GeneralMelchett replied to Bagpuss's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Must win for both sides, slender home win i my view - Witches to take the BP! -
Interesting re Lawson - he wasn't great last night but equally he was involved in 3 x 4-2's and a 3-3 so was fairly effective - the Witches issue this season is they don't have (to me) an out and out no1 really so that spot is always going to look a bit weak. Ellis i agree was very good and was surprised he didn't get the nod for heat 15 but perhaps as a guest it was felt better to give the start money to a signed rider. My recollection of Ellis in 2025 was he was a solid rider at Foxhall but his performances in 2026 have been even better - possibly cos he wants a team place in 27 which I would be happy for as I wanted him back this season. I also like Jason he often has a stinker of a ride but then pops out of the gate and holds the line really well for a win or a 2nd. He also does the laps of honour and gets the crowd going a bit after a 5-1 etc. I am not convinced by KJP at all yet he shows no signs of getting on with the track -
-
2 more home meetings to go and if they can win 1 or maybe both then the Foxes will end up well into double figures for points which will have been a decent first season - something to build on anyway.
-
Sheffield v King's Lynn 17/08/26
GeneralMelchett replied to Bagpuss's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Most bizarre exclusion for Cook - Lynn unlucky there. I think refs should explain why some decisions are made, i presume Lynn raised the issue over the phone etc, or does that not happen now?? - not seen the full stream nor was at the match but seeing the replay it seem Etheridge out was the only choice 😶 Its really peeing down now, first proper rain in Sheffield for weeks!! -
British final 15th August
GeneralMelchett replied to Neila's topic in Speedway Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events
Well done Jason Edwards great ride - I am just trying to enjoy this - what we need is some frantic racing in the later Heats just like the old British finals had! it’s actually nice to be watching speedway on a Saturday night on mainstream UK tv! -
Premiership 2027 - Are You Interested??
GeneralMelchett replied to Daniel Smith's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Having thought about ITV4 being involved in screening the BF i think a hour long highlights show once a week would be a nice thing to see - that would show racing and meetings etc in a good light and hopefully get a few more interested in attending so that is on my wishlist for 2027! -
British final 15th August
GeneralMelchett replied to Neila's topic in Speedway Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events
A positive development lets hope we have a great meeting with lots of good racing and maybe just maybe ITV 4 may come knocking for more!