Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

P T Preece

Members
  • Posts

    723
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by P T Preece

  1. how anybody can go and watch speedway on track week in an week out amazes me, boring isn't the word, slow running, hardly any Bees supporters, counted 17 in the stand we were in. the track was patchy and unsafe, I was going to the NLRC but you can forget sooner watch EastEnders.
  2. Thanks, I'm in Solihull and its pouring down at the moment, Its been a while since we had one of these days. Bring back the sunshine.
  3. Anybody in the area know what the weather is doing over there?
  4. thanks Ghostwalker, Im going up early to Manchester so that's no good to me, wont be in a position to print one off, thanks anyway.
  5. anybody know whwere you can get a race card for this meeting, dont fancy stumpimg up silly money for something thats just going to gather dust in my loft. thanks in advance.
  6. I see they are doing this daft thing when they don't put the teams in order on the web site, they must think people are stupid all you have to do is a take a a blank sheet of paper and fill it in when they announce the teams at the start.
  7. My interest in speedway has taken a knock this season, had a couple of silly incidents and the lack of meeting for the brummies hasn't helped my watching so there has been a lot less meetings for me to go to and enjoy. That all changed at Buxton on sunday, I went but wasn't going expecting to enjoy it but this is what speedway is all about for me a well run meeting, that keeps the action going and a close finish at the end, the riders giving there all and no messing about, a very enjoyable incident free meeting that started at 3pm and finished at 4.15, well done to all concerned I just wish you had one next sunday. The only problem you have is you have to get those toilets sorted out, hopefully next season that will be a thing of the past. Thank you very much for restoring my faith in speedway, lets hope it carries on when I go to Coventry on sunday.
  8. I would like to see Kirby go, falls off to much for my liking. Start off next season with Tom, Zach and Sam add smith and hopefully Wilson.
  9. Its gone dull here as well, not raining but looks like it wants to, bloody weather.
  10. Gone all dull here as well, not raining but looks like it will, bloody weather.
  11. coming up from Solihull for this one, got the week off, hope they dont mess about and I have a wasted journey up the awful M6, more rain forecast for 5pm. Wolves/cov select vs KL should be a good meeting if the rain stays away.
  12. Cracking little meeting with some decent racing. I thought morley looked very good. A good night for him all the points and the helmet. Good alround performance from both teams, heat 10 was the best race of the night, I do like this level, no premadonnas just good honest racing and well presented as well even though we had a couple of showers of rain. hoping we can at last get another meeting at Perry Barr on wednesday.
  13. any idea what the weather is like at the moment, may be coming early as something esle to do in the area.
  14. Any idea where you can get a score chart for this meeting, I seem to think it was on the Holsted site last time.
  15. I havent been to the stock cars for a long time but like most other Motor sports it moves on and trys to keep up with the modern era, Speedway is ten years behind other motor sports and I have to agree with everything the above has stated. A few years ago when the Brummies were in the EL they took a mini bus to the Peterborough meeting and yes it was like an old peoples outting, there was even one bloke on a simmer frame. Unfortunally a lot of the Promotions dont seem to know how to get the youngers supporters in and there inablity to do this will eventully kill the sport.
  16. This forum gets even wierder your moaning about a meeting that didnt take place and riders who didnt race so they couldent get any points anyway and its on page 7.
  17. Anybody know the proper line up for those of us who cant afford a programme or dont want one, would sooner just have a scorecard.
  18. Having been to Leicester last week and saw an awful meeting with one decent race it was great to come to Peterborough this afternoon and see a cracker of a meeting, love this track, roll on more sunday afternoons. Nice and close all the way through and a last heat decider what more could you ask for really enjoyed that. Happy bunny this evening.
  19. Very cold afternoon, the stadium improvements they have made are to put some boards at the back of the home straight stands. The meeting was a bit boring and the Coventry team looked poor, best race of the day Garrity and Wozinak fighting for the win fantastic riding from both of these young men. Garrity looks to improved a lot and Leicester have a good find in the young pole. It was a very cold day, mothers day and two other meeting being run on the same day so I wouldent read too much into the size of the crowd. No clock on the centre green which I thought was a new rule for all clubs, the Ref missed Doyle stepping off his bike at the starting gate another new rule and King jumped the start twice in the same meeting should have been given a fine for repeat offence this isnt a new rule its just what I think should happen. Really glad to get in my car at the end and warm up it got to the point where I couldent wait for it to finish.
  20. For those of us who cant afford these trips, does anybody know if the highlights are going to be on MotorsTV this season, hope they are really enjoyed it last season.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy