Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Dave Jones

Members
  • Posts

    1,765
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    12

Everything posted by Dave Jones

  1. I see your lack of icomprehension is showing you up again.
  2. Right I will try and make it simple. Horton has announced his intention to run National league speedway at leicester. His latest press release might as well have been written by Brandon Estates. as it was word for word what they have been saying about stadium viability for months. Some fans expressed concern why Horton should suddenly change his stance having previously stated he was in discussion with the council over a new site , also he told us he had backing to to finance it. ( Is it starting to smell fishy yet). Obviously there is a lot of concern amongst fans that Horton's only interest in this is Mick Horton and his own pocket. Many fans have taken to social network to vent their feelings and a local newspaper put up a poll yesterday to test the water. Last time I looked 80% of the voters stated they wouldn't attend Leicester, that is a strong sense of feeling in my opinion and I would suggest that you are out of order in suggesting that the fans want to see the bees disappear . Every bees fan is entitled to their own opinion and at the end of the day they will vote with their feet. I don't necessarily subscribe to your view that fans must attend to support the clubs existence as I feel this particular move by Horton would only be a short term thing and won't guarantee anything for the future. We are also very aware of the fact that there are plenty of other people working very very hard to secure a future for both speedway and stox who many fans will believe offer them a better option than Horton. In conclusion I would suggest you tone down your Bolshie posts and stop telling the bees supporters how it is. We already know.
  3. At the risk of repeating myself too often.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.Absolutely clueless about the whole situation!!!!!.
  4. It's definitely something in the water ........................................................I've decided now.
  5. I don't think that's the case. It's a common trait in several of the Poole based posters, I think it could be something in the water.
  6. I think most understand what Horton is up to, with the exception of Shovlar of course.. 50 yes 216 no at 21.40 hrs
  7. As I suggested yesterday, he has no understanding of this situation whatsoever. Doesn't stop him with his " bolshie" posting though.
  8. Why don't you tell us who you really are , what you are trying to achieve, and why?
  9. You might call it very good news, but I doubt very much whether you understand , or even care what the wider implications of this move are.
  10. I think that where the BSPA are concerned even " the patience of job" would be tested to the extreme.
  11. Precisely, and Horton has bought into this plan for one simple reason, to line his own pocket. He has absolutely no regard for the fans of the bees, or any concern over a long term solution to the issue .
  12. http://www.savecoventryspeedway.com/news.php?extend.116 Some interesting comments from the Save Coventry Group..
  13. Yes , the very same guy who told us that he had financial support to build a new stadium not so long ago. Also that he had spoken to Rugby Council about finding a new site. How anyone can be foolish enough to believe anything that comes from this man is beyond my imagination.
  14. It's a lose lose situation IMO. The minute that the bees take to the track at |Leicester it strengthens Brandon Estates position. Worth a few quid to get Horton to put out a very dubious press release and then support him at Leicester for a season.??
  15. You've been telling us how it is for years.. I don't take any notice of any of that either.
  16. I think most fans would be happier putting their faith in the Save Coventry Group than Horton. They are a much more trustworthy bunch of people who appear to know what they are about and have the support of some influential people. I don't think it's essential that the team runs next season to be honest.
  17. I think you will find out in due course that the Telegraph report reflects what Horton wants to happen. Wobbler racing at a track some 20 miles away and calling them Coventry is an insult to the bees and the fans.
  18. I see there is a continuing interest by a Birmingham based company to develop the land at Lion Park into an outlet centre. The developer has asked for extra time on his option which has been in place since 2012. If Sandwell Council are happy then a planning application could be made by autumn next year.. As reported in both express &star + Birmingham Mail. http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/shopping/new-designer-village-sandwell-shops-13884864
  19. There is only one person responsible for the actions of Mick Horton. You , as someone who claims to be a "mature person" would understand that I would imagine. Anything else you might be alluding to would have no bearing on my previous post.
  20. More evidence of just how poor some of theses promotional teams are.. Having said that it won't be a surprise to many bees fans that it happened , given the quality of the guy running the show.
  21. Yet he is still allowed to remain involved in the sport. These are the types of situations that make fair minded people wonder why they retain an interest in the sport
  22. What concerns me is the fact that the comments on the Cradley website are attributed to Gary Patchett, the promoter that left his last two clubs in serious financial difficulties which required some serious action from others to keep the clubs in business. Hardly the sort of guy any sensible person would trust IMO.
  23. Cradley's view of the situation. http://www.cradleyheathens.co/news.php?extend.1749
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy