-
Posts
9,318 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
49
Everything posted by szkocjasid
-
Makes sense why Flint is in the team but not Cairns? Should never have been a Flint or Dan T discussion when Cairns was in the team.
-
In this instance putting Lambert or Bewley at reserve wouldn't make any sense, all they'd be doing is replacing Cairns in all his rides - no advantage, the team could then be stuck if another rider got injured. If Dan T & Flint were promised 2 rides each, then you could have a stronger reserve to pick the best heats to benefit the team? Maybe that's why Dan preferred getting 2 matches for Edinburgh if he wasn't guaranteed 5 rides in the SWC qualifier?
-
Don't really understand it myself, there's plenty stronger riders, Lawson, Harris, Howarth, Rowe, Edwards, doesn't have to be an U21 rider (unless they've changed the rules). The other thing I don't understand, is why announce an 8 man squad instead of the allowed 10, then add others to cover injuries, why not include them from the start, could be good for their confidence, rather than admitting to them, they're only a second choice option?
-
Stars vs Tigers - Prem - Monday 27th April
szkocjasid replied to SuperStarsFan91's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Totally agree, if he was fit to ride abroad, can't then be unfit to ride in GB. Mind you I'm sure it's happened before that a rider got through their comeback match but (can't think of the word I'm looking for) "exacubated" their injury when riding. *Minds gone completely blank, trying to think of the word when you're not completely fit & make it worse by riding. EDIT: aggravated is the word I couldn't remember, then second choice of word, which I couldn't spell was exacerbated. -
That would be a terrible decision. Klima for Castagna & a heat leader for Kvech would make more sense. If Klima is a 4.00 in the Prem, you have 7.19 available to replace Kvech, if he was a 3.00 (8.19), or 3.50 (7.69) not sure how assessed averages work. I'm not saying Lynn should replace Kvech (or Castagna), just pointing out the absurdity of replacing Kvech with Klima.
-
Bandits v Comets KO Cup 1/4 Final Sat 25/4/26 7pm
szkocjasid replied to Normski's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Totally agree with this, I've seen riders get absolutely clattered & stay on, so nothing is done. Get barely brushed & slide off, so opposition gets excluded. Haven't seen the Cook & Battye incident, so can't comment on if I agree with decision, but surely a ref shouldn't announce a decision & then afterwards watch a replay to change his mind, especially an unofficial one. -
11.23 available now, down to 10.16 with the May averages (unless every replacement is equal or lower to rider being replaced). I don't see them making changes, at least not this early.
-
Bandits v Comets KO Cup 1/4 Final Sat 25/4/26 7pm
szkocjasid replied to Normski's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
The rule is in place to stop a rider guesting for the same team virtually every week (i.e long term injury cover). I'm not sure why it's waived for number ones though? -
As Riss is out with a non-speedway injury/illness I assume that means Oxford will get a 28 day facility, then have to replace him. Who would they bring in? Of course they'll be hoping he's back soon for Erik's sake as well as the team, but will also need to consider what to do if he can't return. Get well soon Erik.
-
Lions vs Tigers KO Cup 🏴23/04/26🏴 19:30
szkocjasid replied to IainB's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Not been to Sheffield for a couple of years, but always felt their flag marshal encroached far too much onto the track, can't imagine the rules would allow it. Seems a very unworthy risk, I imagine insurance premiums would go up if there was an accident. If I'm accused of being a killjoy, I'd reply the fans are there to see the riders not sure an enthusiastic flag marshal would add anything to the gate. -
That's a good point & given me something to think about. I guess because Flint has ridden every Glasgow match this season that doesn't bother me, but a rider appears once, doesn't score a point & now Plymouth get a facility, doesn't sit right with me. However, it would seem odd if Glasgow got a facility & Plymouth didn't with riders racing in the same event!
-
Looks like Plymouth are strengthened by using R/R for Grmek! Annoys me that clubs can sign a rider & get a facility in their 2nd match, having only ridden once - especially when there's Brits without team places.
-
I see the Premiership KOC finalists have been decided before Northampton have hosted either of their home matches, not an ideal situation to bring in a decent crowd! However maybe the locals won't be aware of the situation & turn up anyway, plus most clubs usually get big crowds for their opening nights.
-
I've not seen Spencer ride this year, it's a general comment about wanting riders to be given a fair chance before making team changes. If he's been well off the pace & not looking like beating anyone, then maybe I'd think differently? After Grmek had a poor first match & with Klima about to move into the top 5, they could look very suspect at reserve & wish they'd gone for Alfie Bowtell?
-
Clearly haven't planned the fixtures very well, which is ridiculous when you realise how few matches they race these days.
-
If anyone wants to sign Jeppesen, they need to do it before his average goes up in May, his converted ave for May is set to be 5.65, in April he's available on 4.34!
-
Nick Morris guesting for Riss on Wednesday, seems a good choice.
-
That would be a good move, didn't expect the averages to drop, but best use the available points to strengthen up when they can.
-
Starke's average is too high. Ben Trigger would fit! However would be very harsh on Spencer to get replaced so early in the season.
-
Oxford V Poole 15/4/26 BSN 1st leg
szkocjasid replied to Steve Shovlar's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
If fans are happy with a "boring" win, then I guess that'll keep the crowds coming. I'm very much more interested in the entertainment on show, than the result. While I'll tend to be cheering on one of the teams in action, I don't have "my team" to support (Rye House & Arena-Essex / Lakeside) so can understand why others would feel differently. -
Oxford V Poole 15/4/26 BSN 1st leg
szkocjasid replied to Steve Shovlar's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I was replying to the first part, about the Poole track in the play-offs. -
Workington v Scunthorpe 18/04/26 3 pm. BSN Series.
szkocjasid replied to topaz325's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Don't let a Poole fans hear you say that 😆 Anyway, I have seen mostly from the gate matches kept exciting by a close score. But a 60-30 match could be exciting if the Scunthorpe keep gating & Workington keep passing. -
This is all hypothetical, but would it be in the rules? Rushen ups his average to above 5 (not likely to happen), gets dropped for Riss (on his Champ converted ave), then after missing 1 match, gets brought back as the RS in place of Scott? Basically what Edinburgh did in 2009, when they dropped Wolbert for Tully (Wolbert must've been an injury replacement), then Dilger for Wolbert (something along those lines, my memory is fading a little on that situation).