Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

W9 Lion

Members
  • Posts

    516
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by W9 Lion

  1. Wasnt that to cover the storm damage on the Roger Webster stand when they had to replace the wood at the back of the stand or else it would have to be closed to the public?
  2. I would imagine as its the emergency route for the ambulance it has to be kept clear at all times. This is also the reason why vans are not allowed to be parked there.
  3. The Industrial Estate which is behind the back straight.
  4. I think you will find Nick Morris was not "nicked by Leicester at the last minute" but was something that happened at the first available opportunity.
  5. That's a good point. I am unable to remember him making a decent gate at Championship level.
  6. It's not only the smaller tracks. He is poor at Leicester and is not making the progress that may expected him to do.
  7. Good signing for the rider and the club. I hope staying at Leicester and Wolves means that he is able to attract some UK based sponsors so he can invest in better machinery to continue to grow as a rider,
  8. Yes team would come in at 40.75 if I have made applied the correct 2.5% reductions.
  9. It actually says n the Lions site that its due to rider availability on Saturday nights because of TV commitments.
  10. Nothing wrong with the way the tapes were going up from where I stood.
  11. The only two decisions the ref had to make was to warn Proctor in heat one for delaying the start and then to exclude Vissing for going through the tapes.
  12. From where I was stood Mountain got second by about 10cm (And I have a very good view of the start line).
  13. I agree with you Skodaman. 95 minutes was a quick meeting as we were aware of the weather and the late start. As one of the few start marshals to wear a stop watch I call the riders to the tapes after 90 seconds. The ref was also trying to get the riders out of the pits as quickly as possible. With 1 or 2 reruns, a fire ,three track grades and no interval I would be interested in how you would speed up a meeting further Ianb?
  14. Its not only the net viewers (watching live + time shift) that is the issue. The demographics are terrible for potential "big brand advertisers" We are all to old, to working class, to poor and to retired. Its not an attractive combination for advertising agencies to take a punt on for their clients.
  15. So based on what was said last night its RR for Richie and Doolan for Bates. I think that makes us stronger than before.
  16. Overall Edinburgh were very good value for your point. I don't think many teams will lead the Lions by 6 points at home during the meeting. Masters was electric away from the tapes in 4 rides. Lawson was the surprise for me. He gated for his points; Pickering I would have as a guest at Leicester. So exciting with his big sweeps around the air fence.
  17. He actually looked quite handy at Leicester on Sunday, and comfortable on the bike. ((In the previous meeting I suspect if he had raced against the Dan & Joe Thompson they both would have beaten him.))
  18. It would have been much louder but we were not allowed to use air horns.
  19. No Worrall for the Lions as broke his ankle in four places last night riding for Poole. Chris Harris guests.
  20. Leicester have been forced I to make a change. The rider has left the club rather than the club sacked the rider to get another one in.
  21. Do tell - this is going to have to be very good allowing h has a CL average riding for Ipswich last year.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy