Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

W9 Lion

Members
  • Posts

    516
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by W9 Lion

  1. Blimey. How good do we have to be for the fans to make this a trending post?
  2. AWAY FANS VIEW As one of the "Berwick Twelve" Lions fans I have to say Berwick remains my favourite away venue. Its not just because of Robert Smiths down the road either. I though this could be the meeting where the team could loose by ten points but I was proved wrong. Now granted, I have not been up while in a different division but you still have a clean and tidy stadium. I don't remember the slope going into the third bend being so big in previous visits. The thing that surprised me was that the track looked slick on the inside and to heavy on the outside early doors. Is it always prepped like that? Also your water truck appears to do a better job of cleaning the air fence rather than watering the track, Racing improved as they tried to drag some of the dirt down from the fence. I think the difference was the Lions were gating and rode a decent line. We have surprised a number of teams this season and if it carried on like it started we will win more away this season than in the previous eight seasons combined! Remember you still have a team to support and every club should have a black & gold club! Thanks for a cracking night out.
  3. Riders were happy to give it a go. The ref decided we should start the meeting. Home Promoter does not have a say once ref is in the stadium.
  4. Thanks to all the riders, staff & volunteers who worked hard in getting this meeting to happen.
  5. I've looked in the rule book and I was unable to find anything that says you cannot ride in 3 leagues. #SMKB
  6. Perks is a decent signing for Swindon. He can trap and has been in good form this year for the Lions & the Cubs. #SMKB
  7. How hard is it to sit still..... Based on 9 years of being a Start Marshal and trying to do what the rules say almost impossible.
  8. Totally agree. A very professional start. No last places and beating not only the reserves but passing and beating more experienced riders. If only I could tell them apart!!
  9. After seeing most of the Lions on track yesterday I am hopeful of a successful season if (for once) we can stay injury free.
  10. Yes, he was the fall guy when we made en mass changes in one go. Most fans were sad to see him go. Very professional, top notch bikes, first class gating, and was only going to get better. You have got a rider with lots of potential. Only downsides, forgets to look for team mate on the outside at times and not keen on an interview in English. IMHO he is a good signing.
  11. Overall, happy with the Lions side for next season, a few riders with things to prove and the scope to improve their average. Fingers crossed its good enough to get us into the playoffs.
  12. They must be the same 2,000 who had nothing to do with the Coventry Bee's when Leicester hosted their home meetings for them last season. As a result of poor support they have no team to support this season which is a shame for all concerned.
  13. Decent signing IMHO. I think this could indicate we are going for a strong top 4. Four down and three to go. But my initial thoughts are we are building a strong and entertaining team.
  14. And the third rider will be announced at the Supporters Club function on Saturday night - be interested to see who it is. With Scott & Connor already in place its not obvious if we are building a top heavy team or a strength in depth, either way its bloody hard building to 38 points. Who would want to be a team manager but at least ours appears to have a plan.
  15. I'm backing flag rag on this. Suspect all will become clearer after the AGM.
  16. I predict that Sarj will be making the next set of tapes if he breaks them tonight....
  17. I would imagine because this would be a source of income for a cash strapped club. The only reason clubs run training days is because its another line of income. The amount of cash the riders pay more than offsets the cost of track prep, medical cover and insurance. A sensible decision to try and get some money into the business in the short-term.
  18. A measured and sensible suggestion of what can be done to help Rye House out of this situation. I also agree re the point about one league is unlikely to happen as at present the clubs all have such diverse business plans (although part of me thinks that some clubs may not even have one).
  19. I would agree with you. He's great to watch and a good fella to boot but I would only sign him if he came with a couple of trucks of shale. To get the best out of him you need to provide him with a track with dirt on the outside. I understand that this season he was critical about the Somerset track as he wanted them to "Give me some dirt on the outside".
  20. No, technically a "free agent" as he has not ridden enough meetings in the UK to become a club asset.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy